quit smoking. gained 30. Trying to lose 70 by memorial day.

Options
I started running at the track when School started mid Aug. I could barely run 1/4 lap on the track before I was out of breath. Haven't been on a HS track since 89. But my philosophy is " It's not where you start but where you finish that is important." So I have been running 3X a week since. I have also started weight training 3X a week on my off running days. The weight has been slowly coming off. 2 weeks ago I started being faithful to keeping daily tabs of my diaries. What a difference it has made. I started run/walk intervals of 1.5 miles this week and eating a lot of buffalo chicken salads ( 130 cal) I am amazed out how the weight is coming off. Making my weight loss goal in May very possible. . .

Replies

• Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You are off to a great start congratulations. A few helpful tips, 1)track your water as well 2) do not change to much as once small steps (if you try to change to much at once you will most likely get burned out and go back to your old habits.

Good Luck
  • Myoung8674
    Myoung8674 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement . It is much appreciated.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! and continued success on your journey!

I quit smoking several years ago and started running, and when I began, I couldn't run for more than 30 seconds w/o feeling like I was literally going to DIE. but like you, I was persistent, kept running, and in less than 6 months I ran for two solid hours straight, more than i'd ever done in my entire life.

it's amazing what we can do, and how resilient our bodies are, isn't it? :flowerforyou: