I found a great way to stop snacking!

Options
I make yogurt. That's it. That's my secret. lol
When making yogurt it can't be "jiggled, jostled, or bumped." or it won't set, and I don't fancy drinking my yogurt. I prepare a batch and set the yogurt maker on the counter and then I am loathe to even enter the kitchen for fear of spoiling the batch. If I don't go into the kitchen, I can't get to the food! Snacking problem solved!!!!
What are some of the tricks all y'all use to avoid the kitchen?

Replies

• Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Well I never get the urge really during the day at work, evenings are when I want to snack so I save some calorie allowance for night times, and try to have a few of my fave healthy (or at least healthier than some options)

I crave salty snacks, like chips, but have found that slightly salted cashew nuts help fulfill that craving in a more healthy way. Greek yogurt bars such as Yasso are good, and a few pieces of dark chocolate (at least 70%) help for that sweet craving.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    You make your own yogurt? That's awesome!

I have never stopped snacking, I just work it into my calorie goal. My snacks are often.......

Yogurt! :bigsmile:
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Go upstairs, take a shower and go to bed for a while. If I have a nap, all well and good. By the time I come back down it's time for dinner.

Snack avoided!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Making yogurt (I do it in the crock pot) has never stopped me from doing anything. I've jostled the crap out of it with no ill effects. :huh:
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    exercise.... takes my appetite away and I burn more fat.
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Making yogurt (I do it in the crock pot) has never stopped me from doing anything. I've jostled the crap out of it with no ill effects. :huh:

don't ruin the girls tactics
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options

don't ruin the girls tactics
    Thanks! I have ruined a couple batches by jiggling the mix, so I avoid the kitchen when the yogurt is "cooking." It works for me!