Afternoon eating frenzy ugggh!

Options
Hello everyone, I'm back at this again trying to do better for myself. I do great in the morning and for lunch also....... its the afternoon and night that get me where i feel like i cant stuff enough in my face. any suggestions?

Replies

• testepp
    testepp Posts: 15
    Options
    Just keep your food portioned as you want it and tough it out. If it's that bad, eat something like celery, or maybe get some konjac noodles, but ultimately ... You're going to have to tough it out for a while if you're trying to eat better. Your body is a thing of habit, and you didn't build your current eating habits in a day! ;)

It gets easier and as you eat healthier and more fulfilling (and properly portioned) meals you'll find you aren't so GIMME FOOD GIMME FOOD. I totally know what you mean though - heck, I'm not even completely over it. Some random days I just REALLY WANNA STUFF MY FACE ...

And some days that's okay. But if it's every day? You need to take the time to reflect and remind yourself why you're NOT stuffing your face ... and over time, it all gets easier, like I said.

Plus there's always here to gripe about it! ;D
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I know I eat more in the evenings than I do during the day so I work it into my calories. For the evenings where I thought I worked it in but I still want to snack, I go for a walk or hit the gym for another workout or grab a coffee with a girlfriend. I need the distraction when I get into those snacking moods because I know I am not hungry... I am just bored.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm back at this again trying to do better for myself. I do great in the morning and for lunch also....... its the afternoon and night that get me where i feel like i cant stuff enough in my face. any suggestions?

Are you getting enough protein in your lunch? If not, try adding more. Also, don't eat between meals, and when you do eat, eat slowly, and drink water as you eat.

Your digestive system needs some time to adjust to eating less food. I found that the first 3 weeks were hardest. But if I distracted myself from feeling hungry, the feeling usually passed in 15-20 minutes, and I was good for another couple of hours.

Finally, low-calorie vegetables are great snacks, especially if they have fiber. A large dill pickle has only 16 calories and 1.4 g of dietary fiber. If you need to limit sodium, pickles aren't ideal, but otherwise they are good for assuaging hunger.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    if its not within your calorie goals, get out of the house and go for a walk.

change your habits and make new ones
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I found that reserving or saving some of my calories for the evening/late afternoon worked for me.

Also - are you eating enough calories ? Sometimes when we restrict ourselves, we can set ourselves up for a big gorge out of sheer hunger.

The choices I make, foodwise, makes a difference as well. I try to choose foods with lots of fiber/protein/fats to keep me full.
  • skjones0323
    skjones0323 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I have no trouble, usually until the evening. I find that if I eat more protein during the day, I'm not ravenous at dinner time. I usually have a 100 calorie, 15 gram protein shake before dinner. I try to eat vegetables with a lot of fiber and I drink a lot of water--a gallon a day. I also agree with the person who said at times you just to tough it out, or what I call, "white knuckling it". Also, a friend of mine once said that sometimes it's OK to just fo to bed early if I feel like I can't resist the temptation.
  • erikajohnson54
    Options
    thank you everyone.
    my norm thus far has been
    breakfast -egg white omelet
    if i cant make it til lunch a protein shake
    lunch either turkey or tuna on a pita and salad
    supper is normally good too
    but its the afternoon before supper that i go crazy lol