Snoring Success Stories

Options
Monna2
Monna2 Posts: 100 Member
Hello everyone

I didn't use to snore before I gain the last 40 pounds, but after that my family started telling me that I snore a lot and they can't sleep.

Does anyone have a success story in which the snoring stopped after losing weight?

Replies

• Moses101
    Moses101 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! My husband and I were both snorers ( it was bad)but after losing weight we both don't anymore!! Sooo good, I stopped after about 10kg lost and I think hubby stopped after about 8kg!!
  • invisiblelo
    invisiblelo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I stopped snoring!!! It is now a gentle purr according to my family....good luck!! x
  • christhenix
    christhenix Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Never gave that a thought. I will have to consult my better half? :laugh:
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend would complain about my snoring and would wake me up now and then to stop me snoring. I kept a diary of how often she woke me up (without telling her, since she'd either stop doing it or increase it). As I lost weight, the wake-ups became less frequent and then they just stopped.

3 years later, I'm on my own, and I gained weight due to my medicine. I'm actually waking myself up by my snoring sometimes! Just as I'm about to go to sleep. I'm sure it'll be gone soon, just like before. Probably about 7kg above goal weight.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    snoring should be the same warning sign as split pants that one is overweight.!!! I love when my husband loses weight…his loud snoring that makes my life miserable stops.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I had no idea that snoring was linked to weight! Interesting...
  • GogoDri
    GogoDri Posts: 32
    Options
    I never snored till I gained 20kg, I am pretty sure snoring will stop after losing my extra kilos. It is completely weight matter unless you hace problem with your nose.
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I was a heavy/loud snorer, now my partner can't remember the last time he heard me!
  • Monna2
    Monna2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You guys really gave me hope.
  • stmadoesboy
    stmadoesboy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yep - my wife is much happier now too - snoring was getting to be a real problem - disturbed night for her and bruised ribs for me! Since cutting out beer and cider and losing a bit of weight, peaceful nights are the norm!

edited to make clear that it was me that was the problem snorer, not my wife! (not sure how clear that was) haha.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!