Too much water?!?!?!

Options
I am drinking on average nine 24 oz glasses of water daily. I exercise daily and do a pretty good job eating healthy. I am always under my calorie goal...some days by 500-900 or so calories but I'm just not hungry. Am I drinking too much water causing me to not be able to get full on food??? In addition, I have been stuck at 210 for coming on 2 weeks...HELP!!!!!

Erica :grumble:

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    24 - 8oz glasses? that is quite a bit of water and it's possible that this is keeping you from being hungry. I don't know if i would say it's too much water - but there is such thing as too much water. Maybe try cutting back on the water a bit and see if it helps you? You may not be getting all the nutrients you need because you are not eating what your body needs.

I knew there was an actual condition for excess water just could not remember the name, but here is an article on it

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/hydrationandfluid/a/Hyponatremia.htm
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    are you eating enough good fat? and yes, cut back a little on the water.
  • abigailmagoo23
    Options
    You are drink exactly double the amount of water you should be drinking. They say drink half your body wieght in Oz of water so if you weigh 210 you should be drinking 105 oz of water per day. I do believe this should make you a littlre more hungry so you can eat all your cals. Good luck!
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I also drink 5-6 24 oz cup/bottles of water a day, but I am still hungry. I feel it barely takes the edge of my hunger, but I do have a lot more energy and feel better when I drink it, especially during exercise. If you are peeing often and getting rid of the water I wouldnt be worried about it. Have you tried drinking a class or two of milk instead to help with the calories?
  • vikeschick42
    Options
    Yes, it is possible and quite dangerous actually to drink too much water. The person who said drink half your body weight in ounces was correct. More water does not equal more weight loss. You will throw the electrolyte balance off, damage your heart and kidneys, among other things. Read this article, it is very informative.
    http://drbenkim.com/drink-too-much-water-dangerous.html
  • Erica9903
    Erica9903 Posts: 156
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback!! I have read both articles and will cut my intake by at least half. I had no idea that you really could drink too much water and even worse I had no idea that it could even be fatal!! Thanks again for your input. Have a great weekend!!:flowerforyou: