Tummy?

Options
I post so much. LOL but I have so many questions!!
I know it's very hard to lose weight in specific spots, but the only spot I still have a little bit of fat is my tummy. I was wondering if there is a way to spot reduce :( I still have hope!

Replies

• rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    nope sorry:sad:
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Crunches would be one way. :)
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    just cardio cardio cardio!!! And i have read some reviews on a supplement called abdomincal cuts.... apparently worked for some people. I think its only a powerful CLA tho
  • theatr3geek
    Options
    just cardio cardio cardio!!! And i have read some reviews on a supplement called abdomincal cuts.... apparently worked for some people. I think its only a powerful CLA tho

The thing is, I'm really looking to maintain right now. So I do cardio every day, but I eat the calories I work off most of the time. I do 200 crunches every day.I don't have a flabby stomach, it's just not as firm as I would like it
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Make sure you eat enough, esp at the last few lbs! I'm not trying to start the exercise cals and starvation mode debate, I promise, but if you don't eat enough, your stomach will bloat a little, giving you the impression of "fat"
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    be sure that you are working the entire abdominal muscle group. Sometimes we get stuck on crunches wich don't cover them all. research to find out what helps each ab group. shape.com has a good ab work out check it out.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy, cardio & weights!
    you cant go wrong.... crunches and sit ups would be best!
    i use weights when I'm doing both and myyy goddd you do feel it!
    Also good posture!

Good luck :)
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i do jillian michaels 6 week 6 pk and cardio and it been helping a lot. i do not need to lose weight just here to tone up and in 3 weeks i lost about 2 in off my waist. now im on level two so hoping to lose another 2in.
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I've always heard that you can't spot reduce. However, lately I've been hearing that planks, side planks, and twists can help a bit with that area.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there is no way to directly spot reduce. Every person is going to have certain areas that are hard to lose weight in unfortunately and the lower your weight goes the harder your body is going to try to hang on to it. Continue your cardio but be sure to mix it up here and there to keep your body from stalling out on you. Also make sure to get some strength training in (entire body) to tone up what you do have! It just takes time, you're doing great :)
  • jcch00
    jcch00 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I recommend Pilates. Those exercises tend to focus on toning the "trouble spots"; tummy, thighs, and butt. Cardio is great for losing weight, but weights are also a very important part. I have a few exercise videos that I use that combine Pilates and weights. Let me know if you're interested.