Teeny Tiny Successes

Options
This is going to sound stupid BUT I recently had a health screening at work and I was soooooo incredibly proud of myself. I had been previously discouraged because I've only lost 20-ish pounds and I have a lot more to lose. Then I went to this health screening and found out my blood pressure is greatly improved and is back down to normal, my glucose levels are great and best of all, my cholesterol is considered ideal. The lady talked to me about my weight loss journey and told me that I'm doing fantastic. It totally helped me to put things in perspective. I wanted to share because I feel really proud of myself for continuing to strive for health even when I feel like it should be going faster.

Replies

• CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Good job! It's not teeny tiny if your body is doing much better!
  • Delitebabe
    Delitebabe Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! It's very encouraging when your hardwork is noticed even in the smallest way.

I recently felt the same way when I weighed myself this week, I had not weighed myself for over a month, I was not weighing nor logging my food so I had expected to probably gained back everything I had lost but it turned out I only gained 2.2 out of 12.2 back. This made me feel proud that though I was not logging nor weighing myself, I was still made a concious effort to eat well.

It is such a good feeling and you have every right to be proud of yourself.
  • OscarZelaya
    OscarZelaya Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You just reminded me that I have to get myself screened. I don't feel too unhealthy but I have never seen my numbers. Keep up the good work!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear it! :^D
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Better healthy is never teeny weeny.
    You should be very proud of yourself.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    This is not a teeny tiny success at all! This is your health and your body and you should celebrate it! Congrats!
  • Elizabethgulick93
    Elizabethgulick93 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's definitely not teeny tiny! That's great!!!!! Good job. Aesthetics are great and all, and it's okay to lose weight because of that, but health is the most important thing, and it sounds like yours is back on track!
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    So many times the focus is how you look on the outside. You got a glimpse of how well you look on the inside. Great job and congrats!
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    You are doing fantastic :)

Congratulations!
  • finallyfree66
    Options
    good job. if not for tiny successes there are no big ones
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I also feel that you have reached an important milestone in your journey. Weight loss should only be one goal in your journey to fitness. Obviously, you have made some real progress. Congrats.
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Way to be healthy!
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    The support here is awesome! Thanks guys :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!