Cons of Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    Is it me...or do you get more..um...romantic feelings?

yes, I have this. So much more.

I've always had a lot. Now I'm like a freak though.

Me too!
  • Spnneil06
    Options

how you ladies doin? :flowerforyou:

Apparently fantastic!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

Apparently fantastic!

Fantastic, and sometimes-frustrated :)
  • InnocentLunatic
    InnocentLunatic Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You work your a** off to lose 15 pounds and no one asks you "Are you losing weight?" and tbh you can't tell the difference either XD
  • stonegirldancing42
    stonegirldancing42 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Getting unwanted attention from men. Some are delighted by all the attention when they are looking super hot and I can't say it isn't an ego boost once and awhile but I felt a little uncomfortable in my own skin when I started to notice more stares etc. It's probably one subconscious reasons I self-sabotage when I hit a certain weight point.

I second this.
  • jillxmadelynne
    Options
    Buying new pants. I HATE shopping for pants. It's so dreadful. Also having to pay for new clothes. I'm just going to get a few necessities at the thrift store until I get to my goal weight. I also lost my pants while getting off of the bus the other day. Thankfully I was wearing a baggy hoodie. It was half embarrassing and half cool because they were my pants from my freshman year of high school (7 years ago)
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Getting unwanted attention from men. Some are delighted by all the attention when they are looking super hot and I can't say it isn't an ego boost once and awhile but I felt a little uncomfortable in my own skin when I started to notice more stares etc. It's probably one subconscious reasons I self-sabotage when I hit a certain weight point.

^^ This one for me. I used to be thinner and then changed jobs into the ag industry where I work with only men and have mostly male customers. The unwanted attention almost made me quit my job. Instead I turned to food and gained the 60 lbs I lost plus 60 more. Now, 7 years later, I am half way to taking it back off again and still get uncomfortable about it. Men I only see at harvest comment about it, or compliment me for my hard work or even ask advice on how to do it themselves. I should feel proud about it but it still makes me feel very uncomfortable.

Also constantly shopping for new clothes gets expensive. And I don't want to spend money on anything too nice that I will just have to get rid of again soon. Annoying.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I love to cook and bake... I love to experiment with foods/ingredients, and I love to feed people. Can't really do that anymore. I have to watch the calories too closely now.
    Some of my heavier friends avoid me now. Hurts my feelings because I am the same person just a few pounds lighter.
    WRINKLES! Ugh...
    58369279.png
  • callmestephanie
    callmestephanie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    > Loose/jiggly skin
    > having to buy new clothes (I'm poor x-x)
    > people saying things like "you're evaporating!" which makes everyone scrutinize you *major blushing*...
    > people being jealous and hateful about your weight loss
    > not being able to eat cheap junk anymore without your stomach being very upset with you
    > I can't carry the baby on my hips as well since the fat is disappearing there

That's all I can think of right now
  • anorrisdyer
    anorrisdyer Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Apparently fantastic!

Yup. Sex drive was always high, but as I start to feel better, it is just goes through the roof. And it comes up at the worst times, hah
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    > I get really cold really fast now lol.
    > constant want of new clothing
    > loose skin
    > paranoia of gaining weight
    > my constant want of approval from others ( I really don't know why but when I lost my weight I suddenly felt the need to want to impress everyone )
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I got my heart broken by a way better-looking guy than I'm used to.
  • sus49
    sus49 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You can't float as well. You can't hold as much alcohol. Your wrinkles show. When you argue with someone you can't just sit on them until they scream UNCLE. People do not get out of your way. Idiots hit on you. SEE: There ARE some downsides to losing weight.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold (kind of hoping the hot flashes start kicking in). Shaving my legs is more difficult (so many tendons/ligaments around the knees!). It hurts to sit down for a long time (not a lot of fat left around my butt bones).

But overall I'm not complaining!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    The fact you can't spot reduce - I have a wide set frame shoulders, ribcage, pelvis.. Ridiculous just how 'bony' I am in some areas but not others.

Definitely feeling the cold more.

Working out & sex drive going through the roof (but being single).

Falling in between dress sizes - do you opt for too tight. Or being swamped?

Brittle hair & dry skin whilst on a cut (I was prone to these anyway).

Focussing on all my 'problem areas' in the mirror (previously the fact I was just round mitigated specific worries).
  • Spnneil06
    Options

[/quot

Apparently fantastic!

Yup. Sex drive was always high, but as I start to feel better, it is just goes through the roof. And it comes up at the worst times, hah

Its like a win lose thing right?
  • Happyguy
    Happyguy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    hard chairs versus butt bones
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

Sounds more like win/win

[/quot

Apparently fantastic!

Its like a win lose thing right?
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    I'm now considering the "strong one" in my family (not my husband and kids, I meant family like my parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc) and so I'm the one they call for Chore Duty/Yard Sale help/Moving/etc.

I've faked my death too many times to count.

:laugh:
  • jfmorrison
    jfmorrison Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Can't think of any to be honest.. it's been great