How often do you have a cheat day?

Options
I usually do one every other Friday. But today I'm going to eat pizza (not a lot, and it fits in my day) I'm thinking of having a weekly cheat day now that I'm almost to my final goal of 40-41 pounds down. I've lost 33. So how often is your cheat day?

Replies

• pinkpolkadots25
    pinkpolkadots25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Maybe twice a year. I make what I want fit my goals --- "cheating" has never helped me lose or maintain.
  • emmabanks87
    emmabanks87 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have one once a week :) x
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Since I started Jan 1st.. never. I log everything. I make a decision that I need more calories for x so I change my day to fit in.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I usually allow myself 2 per month, usually cheat "meals" vs cheat "days." I always know in advance when they are going to be, so I plan ahead.

I generally will eat 100 or so below my calorie limit a couple days before and a couple days after, as well as eat light the rest of the day, to help my average out a bit.
  • lolly715
    lolly715 Posts: 106
    Options
    Not often. I try to just work small amounts into my calorie goals. Although I do "cheat" when I'm on holiday because I don't log. For the most part I eat similarly to at home but may have a treat (or two) that I wouldn't normally. As an example, going away soon and our hotel serves afternoon tea. Going to enjoy every bite of it too!
  • Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    once a week. It keeps me sane.
  • LazyCatPame
    LazyCatPame Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    After my weekly weight in... If I loose weight, if not I leave it for next week
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Just about never :x
    Whenever I want something, I work it into my diary, so I never feel deprived. If I'm going somewhere with lots of unhealthy food, I bring something of my own or just eat less of it. Even Thanksgiving, I try to stay within my goal and make healthier options. I found that "cheat days" just mess with my appetite and feeling of satiety, making dieting too hard.
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as a "cheat day" in my book. If I want something, I have it. I just tweak things a little to make room for it. No sense in depriving yourself. :)
    101810191020 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Never a cheat day, more like a cheat meal and I make it work into my macros :)
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    As long as pizza fits into your daily calorie goal, you're not cheating.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Never- I just work out extra if I want to eat something extra. I can't be strict for 6 days and then go nuts on the 7th day like some people do.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    How is that cheating if it fits in your day?

To answer your question - I cheat twice a month or something... meaning by that going 500+ over my maintenance calories.
  • Fitteacherc
    Fitteacherc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I find that cheat days and meals throw me off. I plan my eating with macros/calories in-mind and leave room for the treats I want to eat. Trying to figure out a plan for Thanksgiving, haha.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    During my weight loss I had one cheat day per week. I still logged what I ate but didn't worry about a calorie limit. Since I've always eaten what I wanted I no longer have cheat days, just make it work within my weekly/monthly calories. I have days when I'm slightly under or over and days when I am way over. As long as it balances out over time I've been able to maintain within a 5 lbs range for 9 months.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I do my best to fit things into my daily calories. I decided on my bday I'm going to eat what I want in amounts I want (or until I'm physically satisfied) which is a definition of "cheat" day, except I'm going to log it.
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in cheat days. I had one last month and I binged on velvetta nachos for 3 days and gained 2 pounds back.
    However I do semi-cheat doing this:
    I wait until sunday night when the Mobil MFP app changes its weekly nutritional profile and starts a new period.
    Sunday night at 11:pm I eat a bunch of stuff that I normally wouldnt like pizza, and then keep eating it past midnight. and count it as two meals. Sunday dinner and Monday breakfast. I know thats absurd but it works for me!
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had a day where I ate whatever I wanted without portions or calories or macros being considered. It was my first since I started here, so my first in 70 days. I'm glad I waited that long to do something like that because this morning, although I had a blast yesterday (I was visiting a friend at her school and she basically took me on a food tour of her town, lol), I realized that I much prefer the way I feel physically after a normal day than a "cheat" day, so they probably will only happen about every 70 days, if even that consistently. Like a lot of people have said, if you make the effort to plan accordingly, you can eat whatever you want and stay within your goals. My obsession with a Mexican restaurant in my hometown and the fact that that restaurant hasn't caused me to go off the deep end are proof.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    NEVER! I don't need to cheat when I eat anything I want (Just making sure I stay within my calorie deficit) I never feel deprived when I eat the foods I love every day. Moderation is the key!
    58369279.png
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    This is all a head game - *your* thinking rules *your* behavior. If a regular cheat day will psychologically keep you on track, then that is the way to go. (Thinking about it, most religions have at least one "go crazy" day per year for the same reasons.)

I am working towards building habits of healthy eating. For me, a cheat day breaks that.