Heart Rate Monitor Suggestions?

Options
aeb09
aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
I'd like to ask for a heart rate monitor for Christmas this year. Do you have one you recommend? Maybe link to it, if you can. Just something reliable, relatively accurate and moderately priced (not top of the line, not cheapest available either).

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You can't really go wrong with the Polar FT4, it's reliable and does what it says on the tin.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Polar-Heart-Monitor-Sports-Watch/dp/B005O9JJVI/ref=sr_1_1?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1412454356&sr=1-1&keywords=Polar+FT4
  • aeb09
    Options
    Thanks! I know there's the FT4 and FT7 and I've compared the two - do you think FT4 is sufficient for basic gym exercises?
  • Seatown_Gal
    Seatown_Gal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have the Ft7 and love it.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't actually use the FT4 , but it will be fine for pretty much anything.
  • joannadalina
    joannadalina Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Got an FT7 and LOVE IT. Makes me wonder why the heck I waited to so long to buy one. I got the FT7 and always wondered what the difference was between that model and the FT4.

First off, forgive me for butchering this explanation b/c I have zero knowledge about VOX2 or whatever it is and all that jazz, but from my general understanding the FT4 uses an additional measurement (this VOX2 or velocity, um, something about air I think) that they FT7 doesn't. And supposedly that additional factor helps to more accurately calculate calories burned, supposedly.

Again, I'm not in the exercise knowledge that deep so I have no clue. But I do know that I love my FT7 and either way you go, it's a win.

Best of luck,
    Joanna
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4. Best thing for me since sliced bread. :smile:
  • aeb09
    Options
    Ahh thanks everyone! I really appreciate the insight and info. I figured one of those two would be a good purchase. I'll do a little more research on the difference between the two. Thanks again! :smile:
  • boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I bought the H7 to sync with my phone. Works great. It auto uploads the data to MFP.