Newbie seeking supportive friends :)

Options
Hey all,

I've been on MFP for 10 days now and I'm really excited by all the tools and the great community that seems to be available here. I'm just looking for some supportive people to become my 'friends' to help guide and encourage me. I will definitely do the same for you! Please send me a message or add me to your friends. I'd like to make some new friends who understand all about the journey I am on. Thanks! - Amanda

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP ... this is definatly a great place to be!
  • Tabascoaddict
    Options
    Newbie here as well, joined yesterday. Count me in, I can get all the help I can get. :happy:
  • Deana1952
    Options
    Hi Amanda,
    I too think this is a great tool.
    I got the app for my iphone in Dec. I found it hard to remember to go on and track.
    But after Christmas i made a commitment to change three things.. just three and keep my focus.. one of them was to track my food everyday, not necessarily at this time change too much about the way i eat , because I don't do too badly in my food choices. I find it amazing how just tracking keeps you accountable.
    today i looked and my message was Deana has tracked for 27 days in a row. I i thought wow, i have a new habit and it is a good one.
    I wish you strength and commitment, and if you need to chat.. I will look for you...
    Deana
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    im on it! always good to have friends here! add me
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Hey there, add me too. I joined about a week ago. I started trying to watch what I eat before that so the 9 lbs is NOT in a week! My weight has been fluctuating by 10-15 lbs for about 10 yrs since I starting taking Prednisone. When I was young, I swear I could eat anything. Maybe that's not the case, young people are more active and definitely don't consome as much. My profile pic is 2 yrs ago out in Napa. That's my goal, to fit back into those jeans well. I have not started exercising because I want to relish in seeing fat lost before I start adding muscle. Waaaaa!!!!
  • driven03
    driven03 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey started this week myself...so far i love this site...add me!:smile:
  • kuhristeee
    kuhristeee Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I'm fairly new myself, just joined earlier this month but I find myself on MFP every day now, lol. :) I've added you!
  • DanWatts1982
    Options
    Hey,

I joined a couple of days ago...New to all this too! All the best with your dieting and exercise...I'll send u an invite as could do with the support myself.

Dan.
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Amanda,

Welcome. This is a great site and has helped me. You can do this. You will find a lot of support here. Add me if you want.