Hello from VA

Options
Hi All,
I am not exactly new to MFP but I am new to the message boards. I am been trying to lose weight for awhile and now it is finally starting to happen. In addition to using MFP, I have been implementing some of the techniques that I found in one of my weight loss books and now I am finally shedding pounds again. So far I am pleased with my weight loss. My actually beginning weight was 254 but that isn't reflected on my page since I wasn't using MFP back then. Now that things are starting to move in the right direction, all I need is some support to keep my motivation high which is why I am here. I look forward to being a means of support to others and also getting some much needed support.

2782619.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• karljp
    karljp Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I will friend you! I grew up in VA and spent some time in Lynchburg! Congrats on your current weight loss, let's keep it going!
  • bldahse
    Options
    Hi, I am in the same boat. I started losing weight on my own and then found this site. I really love what I have seen so far. I have lost 38 pounds already and still need to do more. Working on it one day at a time. It took a long time to get this way and I know it will take a while to get it off. But with help from friends and this site I will get there.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Hello, back to ya.....also from VA! :wink:
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    Hi and welcome!!! Good luck on your journey!! I live in Manassas. =)
  • esherwood2
    Options
    Thanks. I currently live in Lynchburg. There's no place like it.
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I would love3 to be your weightloss buddy. I have lost about 22 lbs so far but only 1 since starting this program. Good luck!. Let me know if you want to work on this together. Havea great weekend
  • esherwood2
    Options
    Congratulations! I live in Lynchburg.
  • esherwood2
    Options
    We can definitely work together on this. That extra support really makes a difference.
  • mommy3x
    mommy3x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss - keep up the good work!! From NH. :-)
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am from VA too! Congrats on your weight loss so far!
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Friend me and we can do this together. : )
  • raising2ells
    raising2ells Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello! I live in Forest, VA. Just sent a friend request. :) Let's encourage each other to reach our goals!
  • esherwood2
    Options
    Raising2ells,
    Hey. It is nice to meet someone so close to home. Looking forward to losing this weight.
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    Hi there!
    Great job getting off on the right foot!

I'm new here as well and I'm getting so much out of the information on this site when it comes to calorie intake and exercise, plateaus, and starvation mode. It explains so many mysteries.

While I'm in Fredericksburg, I know Lynchburg and love it there.

We certainly are in the same boat, count on my encouragement.
  • saychzzz
    saychzzz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live in Chatham. I love this site- it has definitely made a difference in my efforts.
  • princessdrake
    princessdrake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm from VA too :) Richmond to be exact!
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    hi i live in Danville....you will love this site!!!