Terrified to make that appointment!

Options
Hey all, sorry for posting about this yet again (and really not having anything to do with weight loss) but I'm absolutely terrified to book that appointment to see a doctor about the "issues" I've been having related to female things. I just want to say, I have never had an annual exam. Bad, I know.

Naturally I've bee Googling every symptom I've had, and managed to find a site where my symptoms lead to the absolute worst disease, so that's basically my reason for the fear.

I know I have to do it, but it's extra hard considering I'm anxious and stressed out to begin with, and I'll be going to a new doctor. Sigh....

Replies

• sexylonglegs
    Options
    Just go ~ it'll be over quickly and you'll feel better!
  • aschroyer
    Options
    You are wasting your time telling us about it when you couldve had an appointment already! People who procrastinate the doctor often find out that something couldve been done if they just came in sooner. Good luck.
  • sanddollar
    sanddollar Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Just do it! You could always ask a family member or close fried that you go with you! Best wishes!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I agree!! Go to the doctor. It is best to know what is going on, then to let things linger on. Delaying treatment is the worst thing you can do for your body!!

Especially if it is hormone related!!!
  • airsangel
    airsangel Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    GO - you can't put it off anymore. If there are things going on, you need to find out NOW so they can be fixed! The sooner you go, the better you will feel. Good Luck!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Just GO! I don't know any woman who likes being poked & prodded, or having their "girls" mashed for mammograms, etc., but you need to do it for your own peace of mind. :flowerforyou:
  • durangogal
    Options
    You may be over-analyzing what you think is a "problem"... I was that way too, but when I finally went, we discovered my thyroid was way out of line making me feel aweful & the weight? I've lost 65# in the 2 yrs since I went on the thyroid meds - I almost feel normal again. Go, get the piece of mind & you'll feel much better.
  • noralbk
    Options
    The internet can be great, but it can also be your worst enemy. Don't try to self diagnos by what you see on the web. It can be very hard to work up the nerve to do something that scares you, but the quicker you get that appointment and go, the quicker you may find out that there is nothing serious going on. Good Luck!
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!

If you have symptoms of any kind that are serious enough to seek help and to worry about---GO! It may be nothing or it could be serious--you really, really want to get whatever it is taken care of sooner rather than later. Its too important to not take action!
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I did it. Made the appointment. It's at 3:00 pm today.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    See if your primary care physician can give you anything for your anxiety. You can take the meds, go to the gyno and at least get all non-blood work done and not be anxious about it.

This exam would be the opportunity for you to get relief from your fear of illness. The only way, actually.

I'm sure you're fine, but if you're sick, you're sick. Having someone tell you you're sick doesn't make you more or less sick.

You can do this. Xanax can help.

Charmagne
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I did it. Made the appointment. It's at 3:00 pm today.

Good job, please keep us posted. Your health is the most important thing you have and you are doing so well on your weight loss journey. I know how you feel but it's better to know than not know. Good luck this afternoon.

Carrie
  • paroxysm
    Options
    Hey good luck =) Maybe drink some tea before going if that calms you (It will also help you pee in a cup-- which they will ask you to do) I hope it goes well and you feel better after talking/seeing the Dr.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Good job! I hope it goes well. The doc will know what's going on and you can relax. Heck, even if its bad news, at least you can stop worrying, relax and have it taken care of. Hang in there!