Week 4 of C25K?

Options
Anyone else currently on week 4? I just started it today and I can tell this week is going to be one of the toughest so far. But I think next week will be even more of a challenge. Kinda worried about the 20 min run next week.

Replies

• BuddhaMom74
    Options
    I finished the program about 2 weeks ago. I'm actually running my first 5K race tomorrow morning...a little nervous and excited at the same time!

Stick with it...there were times when I didn't think I'd be able to do it...greatest thing ever when you actually run 5K straight for the first time...without collapsing!! Lol!
  • NoStoppingNow77
    NoStoppingNow77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And Good luck!
  • pam_spears
    pam_spears Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I was doing C25K I was part of a forum on Runner's World. Literally *everyone* was worried about that 20 minute run... but most of us actually did it without dying. Some had to take a short walk break at some point in the 20 minutes. Those who did often repeated the week and did it successfully the second time. So you're not alone, and you can do it!
  • Perksy80
    Options
    Just remember you are not in a race. When you start, slow down, then slow down some more. The aim is to run for 20 minutes. You can build up pace and distance later, for now just doing 20 minutes continuous will feel like a massive achievement. And remember, Slow down!