Pre-workout supplements

Options
Can anyone recommend a good pre-workout supplement that doesn't have fake sugar? Aspartame and sucralose make me feel like crap, so if I'm going to use a pre-workout product it needs to have real sugar or stevia instead of fake sugar.

Replies

• NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    Craze, the original formulation if you can find it. Avoid white flood, I opened a container and found nasty black goo - brought it back to Vitamin Shoppe who wouldn't refund or credit because I had purchased it over 30 days. Avoid Vitamin Shoppe.
  • knittinlady
    knittinlady Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Avoiding Vitamin Shoppe won't be a problem. I live in the middle of nowhere. Literally. My house is in the middle of a wheat field. Anyway, I do most of my shopping on Amazon. I don't see any original formula Craze there...
  • ChunkLaFunk
    ChunkLaFunk Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Pulse by Legion is sweetened with stevia and is specific about the quantity of each active ingredient. I got it from Amazon.

I also use Fast Twitch by Cytosport but it sweetened with sucrolose.

The original Craze formulation contained a controlled substance (not listed on the label) and was recalled after an FDA recommendation.
  • mastrick5150
    Options
    I take C4 Extreme by Cellucor. I take it between 20-30 minutes before my workout. I feel good during the workout and do not feel my heart rate jump up. I've seen good results..

I've recommended it to friends who are using it as well.

Good lifting!

Mike
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I have a few pieces of hard candy. Works like a charm. If i want caffeine too, i'll have coffee.. but that takes a lot longer to work than candy, at least for me.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Eat an apple and a tablespoon of peanut butter. Have some water too.
  • knittinlady
    Options
    I take C4 Extreme by Cellucor. I take it between 20-30 minutes before my workout. I feel good during the workout and do not feel my heart rate jump up. I've seen good results..

I've recommended it to friends who are using it as well.

Good lifting!

Mike

I looked that up on the Cellucor website. It has sucralose, so it's a no-go.
  • knittinlady
    Options
    Eat an apple and a tablespoon of peanut butter. Have some water too.

I like that idea! That should be a lot cheaper. And caffeine-free, which I like.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    PurePump is all natural....I believe it doesn't have anything artificial in it. It's flavorless though if that's an issue. I got it off of Amazon when I had ordered it.
  • Mrs_Sarah_Minor
    Mrs_Sarah_Minor Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Knittinlady, if you find something that works for you, let me know! I start my gym routine this week and would like to find a good pre-workout that doesn't give me heart palpitations as well! =]
  • kyach
    kyach Posts: 17
    Options
    i use advocare supplements. I use Catalyst for everyday workouts and O2 Gold for longer bike rides or longer work outs.
  • Mrs_Sarah_Minor
    Mrs_Sarah_Minor Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i use advocare supplements. I use Catalyst for everyday workouts and O2 Gold for longer bike rides or longer work outs.

How does that work for you? Just curious!