oatmeal muffins

Options
s_hamm_08
s_hamm_08 Posts: 117 Member
I made these last night planning to eat them for breakfast but we ate half last night with dinner, they taste like someone took your bowl of oatmeal and baked it. I had some blueberries so I added a cup and them, as you can see there isn't much sugar in them so the blueberries made them a bit sweeter. I plan to make them again and try other fruits. The other thing is that they are very big but they are a heavier muffin, to get 12 out of them you just barely cover the bottom of the muffing pan.

Homemade Oatmeal Muffins
This homemade oatmeal muffin recipe is really easy to make and is an excellent healthy breakfast for your kids. The healthy oats will give your child a sustained energy source without the ups and downs of sugary breakfasts and will help keep their tummies full a little longer.

Healthy Homemade Oatmeal Muffins

Ingredients:

¾ cup flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup uncooked oatmeal (traditional slow cooking oats)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup butter or margarine
¾ cup buttermilk
1 egg

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin well and set aside. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, cinnamon and oatmeal in a large bowl. Mix together well. In a separate bowl mix together the butter, buttermilk and egg. Mix well. Gently fold into the dry ingredients. Take care not to over mix. Pour batter into 12 muffin cup tin and bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until baked through. Best served warm with a little butter and jam.

Replies

• chapter2xo
    Options
    what are the nutritional values??
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    They sound yummy...what point did you throw in the blueberries?
  • weewino
    Options
    Sound good, think i'll give them a try :)
  • s_hamm_08
    s_hamm_08 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
    94 13 4 3 271 3
    I threw the blueberries in when I mixed together the wet and dry ingredients together.