Frustrated with the pace!

Options
I'm getting really frustrated with the pace of my weight loss! I know realistically it's great, but it's not enough for me. I don't want to do any fad diets, and don't get me wrong, I've cheated as much as the next person on types of food, but not calories (probably why it's not where I'd like to be). I started 16 days ago, and I'm down 13lbs. I KNOW that's a good start and it's quick at first, but I have a feeling I'm going to get frustrated when things slow down a lot. I'm 5'2'' and down to 148.8 lbs. I feel like it's going to be a long road ahead of me.

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I'm getting really frustrated with the pace of my weight loss! . . . I started 16 days ago, and I'm down 13lbs.

:grumble:
  • nicoleagafitness
    nicoleagafitness Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm getting really frustrated with the pace of my weight loss! . . . I started 16 days ago, and I'm down 13lbs.

I know, I'm being ridiculous. It's just the way I have been feeling. Like the fat's not going anywhere. Frustrating. I do know most of that is water loss.....I was put on a diuretic. (Spelling?)
  • maidentl
    Options

I know, I'm being ridiculous. It's just the way I have been feeling. Like the fat's not going anywhere. Frustrating. I do know most of that is water loss.....I was put on a diuretic. (Spelling?)

Well, 1-2 pounds per week is what will happen when you level out. If a pound per day is "slow" for you, then yes, you're going to be miserable. You need to figure out how to be patient and adjust your expectations.
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Just focus on today. Its the only one you have

Fsunami
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are being ridiculous! You don't have much to lose, so you should expect to lose maybe 1 pound per week. If you lose too fast, you will lose more muscle than if you lose at a healthy pace. Read the sexypants thread stickied in the Getting Started forum and do yourself a favor and develop realistic goals. It's a long road for everyone, and you will be better off for the rest of your life if you learn sustainable eating habits now. Good luck
  • Rachelwin65
    Rachelwin65 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You know, there is a part of me that wishes I was already at my goal weight... and am impatient that it is going to take so long. (Probably at least a year!) So my solution is to try and live as though I am already at my goal. I am trying to get my head around the idea of being 100+ lbs. lighter and it has been sort of wonderful. I am not thinking of myself as obese anymore. Instead, I am thinking of myself as a healthy, vibrant, fit person. I am trying new things. I am walking every day. I am eating GREAT food in great amounts. All in all, I am living the life I hope to be living in a year, or 5, or 25.

So, I hope you can start thinking of yourself in a different way. Don't try to escape where you are today... just live the life you dream now!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Your pace is ridiculously fast.

And

You didn't gain it over night....
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Well, if you're on Diuretic then no wonder you dropped that much so fast. A majority is water. Diuretic promotes the production of urine to expel water from the body. Yeah, the pace is frustrating but that's what it is lol. Didn't pop up overnight, you won't pee it all out either.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to gain the weight?
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm getting really frustrated with the pace of my weight loss! I know realistically it's great, but it's not enough for me. I don't want to do any fad diets, and don't get me wrong, I've cheated as much as the next person on types of food, but not calories (probably why it's not where I'd like to be). I started 16 days ago, and I'm down 13lbs. I KNOW that's a good start and it's quick at first, but I have a feeling I'm going to get frustrated when things slow down a lot. I'm 5'2'' and down to 148.8 lbs. I feel like it's going to be a long road ahead of me.

What's your alternative? Quit and lose zero pounds?
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Staying in shape isn't easy. If it was, we'd all be in shape.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

??????????????????
  • Negative_X
    Negative_X Posts: 296 Member
    Options

If you're frustrated with 13lbs in 16 days... you're never gonna make it past a month, once the weight loss slows to 1-2lbs a week, at the most.

You need to change your attitude, otherwise you're setting yourself up for failure.

This needs to be a long term, life style change... not a temporary, few week crash diet.

The choice is yours.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2'' and down to 148.8 lbs. I feel like it's going to be a long road ahead of me.
    Long road??? Sweetheart, I have more weight to lose than your current weight. You must be a peach at the checkout isles. :laugh:
  • betlic2
    betlic2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad I weigh 209 and I've been doing this for almost two years. I want to be at least 180 or less. I'm 5'3".
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Great story. Is this what they call a humblebrag? Oh guys, my weight loss pace sucks, I ONLY lost 13lbs in 16 days. Shower me with affection because even this amazing pace isn't good enough for me.

Surely when you find yourself losing 1lb in a month you won't be discouraged beyond compare.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Just focus on today. Its the only one you have

Fsunami

@fsunami
    That is right on
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    And why were you diuretic-ing at 160 lbs? :noway: Or any lbs for that matter, I suppose
  • maidentl
    Options
    And why were you diuretic-ing at 160 lbs? :noway: Or any lbs for that matter, I suppose

What does her weight have to do with it? She says she was "put on" it, which sounds to me like it was medically prescribed. I'm on one, too. Why is that offensive?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

What does her weight have to do with it? She says she was "put on" it, which sounds to me like it was medically prescribed. I'm on one, too. Why is that offensive?

Due to her hastiness and the post being in the context of weight loss, I thought and still think she asked for one for faster weight loss. I'd be happy to be wrong, though. Not happy happy, cos it'd mean she has a condition that needs to be treated that way