Trainer at my gym

Options
I just joined a gym a week ago and have only went 4 times total so far. I mainly go for the weight machines since I have an elliptical at home. Ever since I started going this really hot trainer seemed to notice me and I could see him looking at me out of the corner of my eye. Well, Last time I went he was looking and he was hanging around the machines I was on basically the whole time. I took my headphones out and went to fill my water bottle and he came over and asked me about the tattoo on my arm and where I got it since he is new to the area.He asked a couple more questions and then introduced himself. I am really shy so I answered his questions and introduced myself and walking away without saying bye :(

I haven't been there the same time as him since, but is this normally how trainers act at the gym or is he interested in me? I haven't seen him talk to anyone there except other trainers sometimes or if someone needs help. Maybe he really just wanted info on the tattoo? I have seen alot of guys there with tattoos he could have asked though. I am so scared to see him now lol because I want to go say hi to him to show him I'm not a jerk for walking away.

I am a 24 yr old girl btw

Replies

• sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    He wants the D
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I haven't been there the same time as him since, but is this normally how trainers act at the gym or is he interested in me? I haven't seen him talk to anyone there except other trainers sometimes or if someone needs help. Maybe he really just wanted info on the tattoo? I have seen alot of guys there with tattoos he could have asked though. I am so scared to see him now lol because I want to go say hi to him to show him I'm not a jerk for walking away.

I am a 24 yr old girl btw

Never mind what he might want. What do you think? How do you feel?

Walking off to continue with your workout doesn't make you a "jerk". Do you regret it because you feel you should have stood and listened out of politeness or do you wish you'd been a bit more receptive to his friendliness? If the latter, than just give him a big smile next time and ask him a question - "any more thoughts on that tattoo of yours?" or "tried any more pubs then?".
  • xmissbehaved56x
    Options
    I have been interested in him and noticed him since the first day I was there, but wasn't sure how to go about talking to him. I'm happy I talked to him and kind of upset that I walked away since I got nervous. I was going to say "Hi, ___" next time I see him to show him I remember his name, but not sure if I should make conversation again incase he isn't interested.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with saying 'hi' and using his name. That's just good manners. Remember, eye-contact and a smile.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you can find ways to talk to him casually, to see if he seems interested. What I wonder though, not to try to burst your bubble.... is if he's trying to drum up business? You'd find out soon enough, if you chat with him some more, anyhow. You can't win if you don't play.... you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.... etc. :wink:
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    he's probably trolling for new clients.Trainers employed by the gym need to get x amount of new clients every month. In sales, you absolutely walk around and glad hand the customers before you try to sale them something! If he's good looking, talking up the ladies has probably worked in the past. Buuuuuut who knows, where I"m from, if a guy - or gal - likes you, they just ask you out.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    He could be interested AND think you'd make a good client. My trainer is a girl but she definitely hustled on the floor to get clients.
  • xmissbehaved56x
    Options
    I haven't seen him talk to anyone there though unless they ask him for help. I'm in really good shape so I definitely don't look like I need a trainer, but who knows. I'll see if he asks for my number or something next time I see him there.
  • christinazaia
    christinazaia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    pay for a couple training sessions and see how it goes...talk to him
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    he probably just noticed you need a trainer LOL
  • christinazaia
    Options
    he probably just noticed you need a trainer LOL

hehehe still nothing wrong with that..he could want a piece of that booty lol....
  • xmissbehaved56x
    Options
    Yeah that's pretty rude to say especially when I mentioned I don't look like I need a trainer. I know how to use the weight room from college softball and have low BF. I don't wander around like I'm lost or do things incorrectly. I was trying to see if he was interested or just being nice.
  • christinazaia
    Options
    just talk to him if u really want to...he could be a really nice guy
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Say Hi to him, it seems like you feel a little bad. I would too. He could be just as shy as you are and you were approachable, unlike the guys around there with tattoos. I wouldn't read too much into it. He may only be talking to the other trainers because he knows them somewhat. Who knows he may be able to give you advice or tips on what you are doing.
    At the gym I used to work at the trainers and staff were expected to approach people on a regular basis to make a connection. Maybe that was what he was trying to do as well, or maybe build report with the gym members to gain a client base.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I went to the deli and the guy behind the counter looked at me and asked me if I wanted to sample the newest meats. I think he wants my D
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Probably just making small talk trying to drum up new business.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I've had this happen with a couple guys at my gym. They are interested. If you're in shape and know what you're doing, he's not trying to drum up business.

Anyway, I made myself more open to conversation instead of cutting it off. In one case it was after I kind of snipped at a guy for correcting my form. I felt bad and decided to be nicer, but it ended in him asking me out and I wasn't interested. If only it worked that way for the OTHER guy...Still dreaming
  • arditarose
    Options
    Missbehaved, I reviewed your posting history. Since you're a medical student, maybe you should limit your romantic interests in the right direction. Maybe catch the attention of other medical students. Who will one day be physicians, like yourself. Or physicians who are already licensed and practicing.

Think long term Miss. Long term.

Don't get too caught up with tattoo chat, personal trainer crushes and gym stuff.

All your focus should be on your bright academic and professional future. And the discipline and hard work it will take to get there.

Wut?
  • arditarose
    Options
    Missbehaved, I reviewed your posting history. Since you're a medical student, maybe you should limit your romantic interests in the right direction. Maybe catch the attention of other medical students. Who will one day be physicians, like yourself. Or physicians who are already licensed and practicing.

Don't get too caught up with tattoo chat, personal trainer crushes and gym stuff.

All your focus should be on your bright academic and professional future. And the discipline and hard work it will take to get there.

Wut?

Yeah she said she's a medical student in another thread.

Wut? You don't believe her? :wink:

Of course I believe her, but she can go for any man she wants.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure most of society has outgrown the caste system and feudalism.