How to get ripped

Options
JimmyRabuf
JimmyRabuf Posts: 11 Member
Without going to a gym? I will never get undressed in front of anybody again, but I'm feeling fat and useless. What can I do?

Replies

• farmgirlrrt
    farmgirlrrt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Your profile pic tells a different story. Chin up. They have therapy for that.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,277 Member
    Options
    I just got ripped sitting in my recliner watching 70s horror movies. :smokin:
  • RollosJ
    RollosJ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Haha That profile pic! Just eat at a deficit man until you get below 12% Body fat.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options

Lol his profile picture is photoshopped.

And OP, there are bodyweight exercises you can do. I would google bodyweight exercises.
  • JimmyRabuf
    Options
    Yeah I must admit that's a bit shopped, but it gives me something to aim for.
  • dkewatson
    dkewatson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options

Lol his profile picture

WHAT? People do that on the Internet? ????
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Read Arnold Schwarzenegger's book.
  • JimmyRabuf
    Options
    Yeah, thanks for your help. The profile pic is just an incentive for me, it's where I hope to be in a few months.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    You can buy a squat rack and weights to use at home if you are too self conscious to go to a gym. There are also many body weight exercises you can do at home. I've heard good things about "You Are Your Own Gym" and "Convict Conditioning Training" programs.
  • thebillmo
    thebillmo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you haven't yet, browse around these blogs:
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/about-2/
    http://www.leangains.com/p/my-transformation.html

There are other similar sites/books/articles out there as well. Their methods--intermittent fasting, fasted training, high intensity training, macronutrient manipulation, etc.--aren't for everyone, but they do represent a possible answer to your question.

This material can get a little rough, so if you're just starting your transformation, by all means keep it simple. Start with the MFP caloric deficit program and some basic body weight exercises. When things move in the right direction and you hit a plateau, then you can kick things up a notch.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,661 Member
    Options
    Eat less and do some CONVICT TRAINING.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JimmyRabuf
    Options
    Thanks for your serious reply, I don't seem to be getting many honest ones,
    Working out at home is not possible I'm afraid due to space and the fact I have to share with others.
  • JimmyRabuf
    Options
    Haha That profile pic! Just eat at a deficit man until you get below 12% Body fat.
    Judging by your profile picture, I wouldn't think you are qualified to be giving out advice on weight loss issues.