Religious fasting- how to manage exercise during?

13»

Replies

• sarabearinaz
    sarabearinaz Posts: 7 Member
    If you are drinking juice, it isn't a fast. If you plan your juice correctly, it can be a full day of calories, vitamins, and minerals. You can even get a good amount of protein that way. The only thing you can't get in juice is fiber, unless you add metamucil (which would be gross)

Any school or workplace that requires you to be there on a religious holiday is in violation of the law. They are required to excuse your absence. Schools can have you do alternate time, or require you to make it up some way, but they cannot do anything that would keep you from your religious holidays.

I assume you are talking about a minor fast day since, on a major fast day you would not be able to go to the gym for other religious reasons.

On a minor fast day, you can eat if you eat well before sunrise. Lots of people eat breakfast at 3 or 4 in the morning. That would give me enough energy to get through to about 2pm without any stress. It bothers some of my friends more, some less. The remaining 3 hours I distract myself with plans for my meal to break the fast. Sometimes it is sushi dreams, sometimes Baskin Robbins.... This is very effective while on a treadmill.
  • sarabearinaz
    sarabearinaz Posts: 7 Member
    Religious expectations before the Yom Kippur fast are that you will eat a large meal prior to sunset. This is not to make the fast easier, it actually makes the fast harder. It is supposed to keep you focussed on the fact that you are fasting for a reason. A pre yom kippur fast would not allow you to meet the religious expectation. Personally, by the time it is Yom Kippur, I'm still stuffed from all the Rosh Hashana dinners and lunches. I NEED a fast.
  • Add713
    Add713 Posts: 53 Member
    Why worry about exercise.........reflect on the reasons why you are fasting or why bother fasting at all?????
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    When i fast for GREEK EASTER 40 days i try to do less workout so my body dont get ill... But I do long walks!!