Green Giant steamable veggies...

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
So Acme had a great sale and I stocked up, but my problem is that the calorie info is for frozen veggies... except it's steamed in the bag, so obviously it's impossible to weigh it frozen.

:explode:

What do I do?

Replies

• Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've used a measuring cup after it is cooked. Put the rest in the frig for later. Or I eat what I want it is a vegetable and they are good for you.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Weigh the entire bag after steaming and then weigh your portion. Divide your portion weight by the weight of the bag and log that amount of the entire bag.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Weigh the entire bag after steaming and then weigh your portion. Divide your portion weight by the weight of the bag and log that amount of the entire bag.

That would work but it's never the exact number of servings in a bag either!
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options

That would work but it's never the exact number of servings in a bag either!
    Meh. I just assume that the entire bag has all of the calories listed on the label. I know that isn't always correct, but you've got to make assumptions since this process isn't exact.
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    open the bag and measure it? You'll just have to cook it the normal way then.
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'd go CRAZY! I only buy things with an even amount of servings then I divide and use the info on the bag...I buy things with 4 servings, cook the whole bag, and eat 1/4th. I will either share the rest of the bag with my family or I will eat the other 3 servings during the week...If I'm eating the other 3 servings during the week then it will all add up in the end even if I'm off by 10 calories or whatnot.....I actually prefered to buy the single serve veggie trays UNTIL I paid attention to the sodium-OUCH!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I just eat the whole thing it's vegetables, and even if I was sharing it and guessing on the exact portion, what I'm off isn't by much. Don't over think it
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I just eat the whole thing it's vegetables, and even if I was sharing it and guessing on the exact portion, what I'm off isn't by much. Don't over think it

Yes, this^^^
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Just use your best guess and move on with your life. A few frozen vegetables, give or take, will have absolutely no bearing on your weight in the long term. However, obsessing too much about this kind of stuff isn't that healthy from a psychological perspective.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

Yes, this^^^

^ ^ ^ This +2 ^ ^ ^

(except I tend to eat 1/2 the bag and reheat the other half the next day)
  • jacquiearchambault
    jacquiearchambault Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    yup just eat it!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Way over thinking this. A package of heart healthy green giant is 140 calories- 2 servings 70 each.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Just look up the hunber for drozen or alternatively for the raw uncooked veg.
    Green veg=good and hardly any calories anyway so just get a rough idea. Id be eating more than one serving if you dont mind.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Yeah I'll just eat the whole bag and use the whole bag serving count or find an equivalent somewhere. Still annoying, lol. Gotta love the logic of food manufacturers sometimes.