Additional Exercise?

Options
I do a half hour of zumba dance every day, does any one know any exercises that would fit into my daily workout regiment? What seem to be the most effective weight loss exercises that you do? Minus going to a gym because I live out in the country and the closest one is at least an hour away.

Replies

• kimballtracy
    Options
    go for a walk?
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You can always buy in home powerwalking DVDs,, Aeorbic DVDs, etc etc
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    There's tons of things you can do using your own body weight..

Jump rope
    Jog
    Walk
    Prisoner Squats
    Push Ups (there are different types you can do)
    Burpees
    Dips (use 2 chairs)
    Seal Jumps
    Shadow Box
    Mountain Climbers
    Sit ups
    Crunches
    Planks

The possibilities are endless.
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    if you sign up for the Discovery National body Challenge there is a fittness schedule that it will put together for you. It als gives you complete meals everyday, but i dont use it for that part.... the fittness part is done via video on your computer, they are 8-9 mins lond each and really have helped me a lot.... i have two boys so i stay very busy, i am lucky if i can get 45 mins in a night so i will do the routines which include usually a warm up 2 specialized workout (chest, arms, core) and then a cool down then get on the treadmill and it's worked very well. i also live way out in the country so there is no way i am making it to a gym but this series is the best i have found and it's free. ..
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    maybe try that 30 day shred as it has some weights etc. It will help you build some more muscle to raise that BMR so you need more calories to survive. :)
  • jrdelan
    jrdelan Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks, I think that would be extremely helpful, considering like you I have almost no extra free time working my 2 full time and 1 part time jobs.