1 year into my lifestyle change.....

lculian
lculian Posts: 313 Member
edited September 23 in Success Stories
Yesterday marked the one year mark. Last January I went to my doctor because I was in so much pain. I had pain in my lower back and severe pain in my legs from vericose veins. I started dieting and exercising after that appointment. In March I found MFP. It changed the way I looked at everything. MFP has taught me so much about myself. I've learned why I have cravings and how to handle them. I've learned how exercise is empowering and how it allows me to earn rewards. I've learned there is a world of support that will help you through the process. I learned that there are endless resources through MFP because everyone is so willing to share what has worked for them. I have lost 40 lbs and have been able to maintain since July. I've lost 6 inches on my waist and 2 inches off each thigh, 4 inches off my hips and 4 inches from my chest, (bye bye back fat!)

I have been pain free since May:bigsmile: I have never had such a good understanding of how my body works and that has made me stronger in mind and body!:heart: I know the reason I have been successful is because of all the wonderful support here at MFP. You guys are the best. I know the best way to keep feeling good will be sticking with MFP:)

Thank you MFP!!!
:heart: Leigh

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Congratulations to you! Way to go!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Congrats!! Much to be proud of!! This place rocks!
  • Awesome story! Congrats and thanks for sharing!
  • better_days_ahead
    better_days_ahead Posts: 69 Member
    This is so awesome! How encouraging for others to read, like myself, who are just starting out with MFP.

Excellent Job to you!
  • Congrats! You are awesome!
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    I love to hear stories like this! and agree that MFP has become SO important to me. I couldn't have come as far as I have without the support of my MFP Peeps.
  • Congrats as well...I have been a member of MFP for about a month and have had great results so far. It is such a good feeling to hear success stories from other people who are in the same situation and are in the steps of changing their lives as well. Getting started was really the hardest part, but after that, your will power kicks in and the results just fuel the fire!!! Way to go and keep up the good work!!
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Congrats as well...I have been a member of MFP for about a month and have had great results so far. It is such a good feeling to hear success stories from other people who are in the same situation and are in the steps of changing their lives as well. Getting started was really the hardest part, but after that, your will power kicks in and the results just fuel the fire!!! Way to go and keep up the good work!!

I completely agree, The first month is the hardest, but by the third month you see so many accomplishments it's down right exciting. Not all accomplishments revolve around the waist line either. I have gone from not being able to walk/ jog without turning purple, literally:embarassed: To being able to run intervals and watch my heart rate recover smoothly and my face stay a normal shade:) I remember the first time I ran a mile non stop, and the first time I ran 2 miles, you would have thought I'd climbed Mount Everest I was so proud of myself! I can now use machines at the gym that looked like torture devices before;) I'm not afraid to try new things no matter how silly I might look. Zumba class got me over that hurdle:)

I wish everyone much success, and great health!
  • TAHerring
    TAHerring Posts: 20 Member
    Congratulations ~
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    I am SO proud of you! You've worked so hard---and I am so happy to have you as a MFP pal!!! :happy:
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Congratulations! As someone with occasional back pain, this gives me something to look forward to.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!