Tips on how to ditch the fizzy drinks?

Options
2»

Replies

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    If/when I want a fizzy drink, I have a fizzy drink.

However, the Diet versions of said fiizy drinks tend to have zero -ten calories.
    So drink those.
  • ImpracticalGirl
    ImpracticalGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My biggest downfall is fizzy drinks.Not so much coke,but Sprite and energy drinks etc.I know it's full of sugar etc so I'm wanting to stop it completely.I always struggle within a couple of days tho :(
    Any advice?
    x

Perrier - with a dash of fruit juice for flavour. On a hot day I like to add frozen berries or sour cherries instead of ice cubes. And if I want my drink sweet, a tsp of honey makes it yummy.
  • jke78
    jke78 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    What really helped me was tracking the calories, I'd rather eat those calories.
  • MrsHVaughn
    Options
    I know it is easier said then done but i just ditched my DR Pepper addiction 8 days ago what i did was just stop.. the first two days i had a diet and i hated the taste but it kind of weined me and now its been 6 days and the headaches are gone along witht the cravings. just do it :) go buy some flavored water drops for that sweet taste if you need it. YOU CAN DO THIS! good luck
  • bebdinosaur
    bebdinosaur Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Personally, I found that it was the carbonation that I loved the most, so I am happy drinking plain carbonated water. There are quite a few restaurants that will allow you to get it from their tap/fountain, with wedges of lemons/limes/oranges to lightly flavor it. You can purchase seltzer water for low prices at the grocery store, or purchase something like a Sodastream (I love mine). I found that adding a tiny bit of fruit juice adds just enough flavor for me.
    So if it's the carbonation you desire, those are my tips :)

I absolutely refuse to drink diet sodas, or anything with artificial sweetners. It tastes terrible.
  • BadWolf_Rose
    BadWolf_Rose Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Personally, I found that it was the carbonation that I loved the most, so I am happy drinking plain carbonated water. There are quite a few restaurants that will allow you to get it from their tap/fountain, with wedges of lemons/limes/oranges to lightly flavor it. You can purchase seltzer water for low prices at the grocery store, or purchase something like a Sodastream (I love mine). I found that adding a tiny bit of fruit juice adds just enough flavor for me.
    So if it's the carbonation you desire, those are my tips :)

I absolutely refuse to drink diet sodas, or anything with artificial sweetners. It tastes terrible.

I second this! I am a carbonation fanatic. Outside of fancy ginger beer on occasion for mixed drinks, I have not had a soda in years. I do drink Perrier or Pellengrino or La Croix on a regular basis though, as I love the fizz. Def going to get a Sodastream in the future :)
  • RosemarieSenpai
    RosemarieSenpai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Drink fruit infused teas and drink it black.
    I buy a lot of loose teas from local shops where I live and some from other
    dealers in the mall just to switch things up every now and then if they have the flavors I want.
    Here's my faves:
    - Strawberry Green Tea
    - Pink Lemonade Rooibos from David's Tea (Hibiscus, mango, lemon peel, rooibos, lemon myrtle, lemongrass, stevia, cornflower petals, natural and artificial lime, lemon and sugar cane flavouring*. )
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The only good fizzy drink is beer.
  • lianluo
    lianluo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like LaCroix sparkling water. No sodium/no sugar...just carbonated water, but feels like Soda. I particularly like their Grapefruit flavored for a bit of flavor. I find that it is a good substitute for sodas and makes me drink more water than I would otherwise.
  • josul75
    josul75 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I'm being way too obvious here, but why not just switch to diet versions of your favourite fizzy drinks? I drink diet sodas quite a lot and I'm still losing steadily.

You can get diet versions of energy drinks, afaik, however, I don't drink those, so take a look and see what's available.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I'm being way too obvious here, but why not just switch to diet versions of your favourite fizzy drinks? I drink diet sodas quite a lot and I'm still losing steadily.

You can get diet versions of energy drinks, afaik, however, I don't drink those, so take a look and see what's available.

Agreed. I'd never make it without a soda to start my day. Coke Zero is much better than diet Coke, I'd try it. :smile:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you were drinking caffeinated pop, I'd say to taper it down. The caffeine withdrawal sucks! Since you aren't, just stop drinking it and drink water. In a very short time, you'll be happy with just water. :)
  • hairysucker
    Options
    I really found the switch from soda to tea fairly easy. I really made the switch from regular soda to diet MANY years ago. But I figured I should stop that too with all the other healthy changes I've been making. Buying some GOOD teas helped me. Don't just buy the cheapest teabags you can find...

The other problem I had tho? How to ditch the beer. LOL And what worked the most? Making sure I log each of those beer calories!!! They add up so fast.... :(

It just makes me realize how many calories there are in those drinks. And, like a few others have said, I'd rather eat my calories.