Freaking out... please lend some advice

I'm 5'6.... starting weight was 163 pounds and now I am around 146 pounds ... this is a 7 month journey. I been losing inches more so than anything. It wasn't hard and I did not eat clean... or exercise... just cut calories.

However, I was never fat or obese..., I did a lot of emotional eating over the years due to depression and put on a lot of back fat, flabby arms and upper body flab. My thighs were meaty and I had a little bump in my bum... all I wanted to do was shed the upper body fat, and I know that it is impossible to target fat... but I did want to keep some meat on my thighs.

and I thought I wanted my goal to be 135... but no way, I'll be a stick by then.

My butt is almost non existence... my legs are skinny... and I feel like I want to gain a little more of the weight back... but I do not want it to return to my arms or my back or stomach... and once again I know fat cannot be targeted... but is there a way I can gain some more weight and work my upper body at that same time... so that I can prevent the fat from storing there.

I'm definitely not complaining too much about my weight loss... but if you are a woman you definitely can relate to how weightloss can leave us curveless.

Replies

• go to a gym and exercise
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Building muscle will help give your body some shape. A lot of people here like the Stronglifts program, New Rules of Lifting for Women or Strong Curves. I think I'm personally going to go with Strong Curves since the author is supposedly really good at working the glutes.

There's nothing you can do to prevent fat from being stored in certain areas though.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Start building muscle. Although, you cannot GAIN muscle on a deficit. But doing more exercise, lifting heavy, cardio will help a lot. Squats especially if you're worried about legs and rear.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Lifting weights will improve the shape of your body.
  • consideritdonemi
    consideritdonemi Posts: 88 Member
    Check out the Brazilian Buttlift DVDs or scope out info ahead on YouTube or Beachbody. They have regimens targeted to every butt type.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    weight bearing exercise for your upper body will also give you toned firm arms and an awesome back! I haven't lost that many lbs but all the exercise I have been doing has really paid off and shaped my body really well.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Actually, it is a lifetime journey and you are only 7 months into it.

Weight is just a milestone on the journey. My target has changed from merely weight to overall fitness. That perspective may help you, too.

Similar to your case except I am taller, I look like a stick under 180 lbs. The BMI charts indicate I should be 145 to 180 lbs. So, my target has changed to be at the upper end, but a strong, durable 180.

Only one way to do that - have fun moving around the amazing machine we have been given. Seems a shame to let it rust.
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Exercise, do yoga, lift weights. It helps. Firms things up and gives some curves :)