C4 preworkout mix???????

Options
Are any of you familiar with C4 extreme? it's preworkout mix i had recommended to me. I normally workout after my graveyard shift and i sometimes struggle with energy to lift heavy. any thoughts? is it healthy? how long does it last? (i go home and sleep after i without) Any advice?

Replies

• Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I've been taking pre-workout supplements for a while. My current so happens to be C4 extreme (strawberry margarita). It actually doesn't have a strong enough kick for me. I prefer Mesomorph or Nitro NCG. Since this seems to be your first experience with pre-workout, it will likely pack a decent punch for you.

I like to take my pre-workout about 10-15 minutes prior to my workout. I find that I have a good burst of energy that helps power through tough workouts (I usually work out for an hour/ hour and a half).

C4 does not affect my sleep cycle at all. I find that when I take a pre-workout, I tend to really push my workouts to the max so I am usually ready to sleep within a couple of hours after my workouts.

I haven't had any adverse affects from C4 (or any other pre-workout) except DO NOT take it if you are not going to work out. I decided to take a scoop one day when I was feeling a bit tired and I had one of the worst headaches of my life.
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    i am concerned about my sleep after i workout. i usually workout for about 45 minutes or so. i suppose i just need to give it a try.
  • jsantus
    jsantus Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have tried both C4 and Muscle Pharm's Assault. I liked the taste of C4 better, but honestly, I didn't notice much of a boost from either one to justify the cost. I workout first thing in the morning and have since been using just an energy drink mix in my water. You may not want to do this though due to the caffeine content, since it might affect your ability to sleep afterwards. Good luck!
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    C-4 doesn't do a whole lot for me. It's like, diet pre-workout compared to NoXplode.

I'd say give it a shot. I myself would not worry about taking it for a night workout.
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I use C4 as well, and find the jump to be noticeable, but not intense. It's the caffeine giving you the boost, and since the half life of caffeine is about five hours, it could interfere with your sleep if you react strongly to it. I'm a very light sleeper and it tends to affect me if I take it for a night workout. Could be mental, though.
  • awesomejdad
    Options
    thanks. i think i will try it and see if it affects my sleeping.
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I take C4 as well, for a variety of reasons, mainly because I need the N.O. booster. However, there's a ton of caffeine in it. If you need sleep after your workout, shop around for caffeine free products. A good site to buy is bodybuilding.com. Check out the reviews there!

Happy lifting!
  • awesomejdad
    Options
    Will products without the caffeine give me the boost I need for my workouts? Does anyone have any recommendations?
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Will products without the caffeine give me the boost I need for my workouts? Does anyone have any recommendations?

It all depends on what kind of 'boost' you are looking for, besides staying wide awake for your workout.
    Personally, I prefer the N.O. boosters, because I have poor circulation. I'm not looking for a special pump, I simply need my blood vessels opened up and my blood flow increased. Caffeeine free products will do this for me, too. C4 happens to be creatine based, and I also take creatine post-workout. Whatever complements your supplement stack might work for you.
    The rest is up to your stomach and taste buds, really. I can absorb a lot of caffeine during the day, and I will still sleep well. Read the labels for warnings.
    I don't know what many are looking for, when they state 'it's not doing anything for them'... Pre-workouts are no miracle supplement. They won't do the lifts for you.

Some of the GNC stores have samples of different brands. If they have not devided them up among the sales staff, maybe they'll give you some....

Good luck! :drinker:
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Are any of you familiar with C4 extreme? it's preworkout mix i had recommended to me. I normally workout after my graveyard shift and i sometimes struggle with energy to lift heavy. any thoughts? is it healthy? how long does it last? (i go home and sleep after i without) Any advice?

I just finished a tub of it.
    It is not bad....it does as advertised.

I would say if you do go that route, use two tubs, then cycle off for a month or two.
    After a while, you get used to it, so it doesn't have the same affect as when you started it.....so that is why I would cycle.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    My belief is anyone in their teens, 20s, and early 30s doesn't need anything like this. Anyone older should talk to a doctor before taking products like this that have high levels of stimulants. Drink a cup of coffee and go lift.

I just feel that the majority of preworkouts are just companies trying to get your money.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I just bought this and plan to try it today...hoping it works, especially since I invested in 2 different flavors!
  • mikejdeleon85
    mikejdeleon85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    MityMax96 wrote: »

I just finished a tub of it.
    It is not bad....it does as advertised.

I would say if you do go that route, use two tubs, then cycle off for a month or two.
    After a while, you get used to it, so it doesn't have the same affect as when you started it.....so that is why I would cycle.

would u say this preworkout is better for cardio or weight training better?