New MFP user checking in, how do we find members/friends?

Options
I don't know anyone who uses MFP and would like to have a little "community" support! Challenging stuff like weight loss and fitness is easier when you have people to help hold you accountable and motivate you.

About me: I'm a 22 year old horse person and college student who has put on about 35 pounds in recent years. I'm finally making healthy lifestyle changes! Tell me about yourselves (=

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • monzter
    monzter Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can add me too, i've been on here for awhile, but finally decided to setup my profile yesterday. So far so good, wanted to cheat to day, but thinking about this site kept me on track.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community. You have come to the right place. There are lots of nice, supportive folks on here. Feel free to add me.

There are also groups on here, including some for horse lovers. Here is the first one that I came across:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15739-overweight-horseback-riders

Good luck with your lifestyle change.

Larro

PS: you will get more informed advice if your food and exercise diary is open.
  • donna1432
    donna1432 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    glad you are taking control of your health now :) welcome
  • hickorycutie
    hickorycutie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    im here if u need any motivation.... feel free to add me... i always need new friends
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 but definitely eager to encourage others in hopes of receiving the same. I injured my knee this summer and am trying to get back on track. Would love to have you add me as a friend and I'll reciprocate. I know I'm a little older than you but not necessarily wiser.
  • DropsofHoney
    Options
    I need new friends and LOTS of support.. New to MFP but NOT new to Dieting been doing it for 20 years.. (you'd think I'd get the hang of it by now..) lol :) You can add me also
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey I am a horse person too!! I teach and am also a professional poo shoveller!! :p I am maintaining I actually joined myfitnesspal after I had lost the weight due to me having a crappy phone!! I am 35 and have fallen in love with the gym!! ;)
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Hello & Welcome to MFP!

I think one of the best things about this community is it's willingness to lend support.

It's great that you have the foresight to making a lifestyle change so young.

Best of luck!
  • brlrcr22
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support and advice! I went through and added those of you who hadn't already added me and have finally figured out how to get back and check my forum posts!