Help me! I need thinner legs

Options
I have a good shape but my thighs are fat from the upper sides :(
help me , i hate squats cause they make the buttocks bigger and i heared that lunges do the same for the thighs too making them gain more muscles , so i don't need that..
i want leaner legs like miley cyrus and Cara and Miranda Kerr
:(

Replies

• otakitty
    otakitty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Miranda is pretty tall, so she's gonna be leggier by default.

You can't change your bone structure or the way your body naturally stores fat... so the next best thing is to reduce your overall body fat. It sounds like you already have large buttocks and that's why you have fat "on your upper thigh", when it's likely your glute fat giving that appearance.

Aim for exercising with cardio rather than weight lifting.
    You can't really "spot reduce" your fat in this area, and if you're satisfied with how your body is overall, then this is probably the place where your body naturally tends to store fat, so you'll have to get to a really low body fat percentage to see it reduced.
  • muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    thank you so there is hope , yeah ? if i do cardio ?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Sometimes genetics plays a role in determining stuff like this. Not everyone will be able to achieve long lean legs like Miley Cyrus.
  • gfrogel01
    gfrogel01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with having a big buttocks? :frown: There are more songs out there about us anyway :bigsmile:
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    i hate them when i wear skirts :/ they aren't beautiful
    but why all celebs have great legs ? is there a machine costs 1,000,000 million or something they buy so it makes their legs great ? :noway: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:
    is there exercises or walking is enough ?
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    but why all celebs have great legs ? is there a machine costs 1,000,000 million or something they buy so it makes their legs great ?

It's called Photoshop...
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    You have to lose more fat. You can't control where the fat is lost from so overall fat loss is what you're going to have to do. Squats make your butt look bigger because the muscle gets bigger but you're not doing anything about the fat.

So...lose more weight and hope it comes off the areas you want it to.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Squat does not make your butt bigger.
  • LouSmorals
    LouSmorals Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    As someone above said, most of how your body is built is determined by genetics. The only thing you can control is what your overall body fat composition is, and whether or not you build muscle. You cannot control where the fat is located on your body (only liposuction can do that), and you can't really control how well you build muscle (genetics). Above advice is spot-on, do cardio (running would probably be best for long lean leg muscles) rather than lifting, and keep yourself in caloric deficit and see where it takes you.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    thanks people :----)
    but i've seen photos of people done squats and their butts look like ..... ehm bigger and fuller :/
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    but i've seen photos of people done squats and their butts look like ..... ehm bigger and fuller :/

You have no idea what they eat. The weight training itself does nothing without the nutrition.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options

You have no idea what they eat. The weight training itself does nothing without the nutrition.

what do they eat Kleenex :'( ?
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    thank you'all :D
  • itsmeangelaa
    Options
    You're horrible. You've managed to offend everybody with a big butt by saying that they're 'not beautiful'. You need to get out of the mind set that certain things aren't beautiful. It's rude and offensive. So stop.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    You're horrible. You've managed to offend everybody with a big butt by saying that they're 'not beautiful'. You need to get out of the mind set that certain things aren't beautiful. It's rude and offensive. So stop.
    no am saying about myself , read well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • allybird2
    Options
    as soon as I started running and losing body fat, my legs were the first things to slim down :) it might depend on your genetics, but running/walking is a great start!
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    as soon as I started running and losing body fat, my legs were the first things to slim down :) it might depend on your genetics, but running/walking is a great start!
    thank you ;)
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I love my big butt. :) But it does naturally get smaller as I lose weight. The key is to do those leg exercisesas you lose so it also stays tight, and has a nice shape, instead of being flat and looking deflated. A flat @ss definitely NEVER looks beautiful. :laugh:
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    I love my big butt. :) But it does naturally get smaller as I lose weight. The key is to do those leg exercisesas you lose so it also stays tight, and has a nice shape, instead of being flat and looking deflated. A flat @ss definitely NEVER looks beautiful. :laugh:
    oh yes