cake diet ?

Options
hehe am new here so from the start tell me is there a diet which i can eat cake and corn flakes in it ?
i heard that 5:2 diet is good and it shows progress, it is when you fast for two days consuming only 500 calories if you are a woman and 600 if you are a man. and in the 5 days left you eat WHATEVER you want normally!
not that big Mashawi "grilled lamp meat" and cake and rice

so is there :wink: :wink:
and give me tips to lose weight without getting hungry ::sick:

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You can eat what you like as long you're at a calorie deficit you will lose weight.
  • cheshirecharis
    cheshirecharis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy foods under your calorie goal, which should be AT LEAST 1200, more if you're also working out. You can work in occasional treats as long as they fit into your calories.

Fasting diets are awful for you and you're just going to burn out quickly. Don't waste your time with them.
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Or you could just eat at a reasonable deficit each day and make room for cake etc in your day. I treat myself everyday.
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    What makes a huge difference for me is loading on fruit and veggies for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I never feel hungry. I've done a lot of different fasting, and it may work short time, but it's not a long term-fix. The logic of eating 500 calories for 2 days and 4000 the remaining (that would be my case) makes no sense to me.

My best tip for you: everything in moderation and good amount of exercise. Good luck!
  • muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    isn't a deficit. crazy you are counting -_- why not eating freely and reasonably ?
    hmmmm so if i eat 1200 calories am gonna lose ??
    thank y'all
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    The cornflake and cake diet with added cheat days as long as its at a calroie deficit.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Or you could just eat at a reasonable deficit each day and make room for cake etc in your day. I treat myself everyday.

Yup.

Just stick to your calorie goal and eat what you want. Aim for a balanced diet overall for the sake of your health and nutrition, but there's nothing wrong with leaving some room in your day for a treat.

I don't really eat cereal because I'm just not a big fan, but I eat dessert every single day. The other night it was cake. I'm also all about caramel apples this season, and I've eaten quite a lot of ice cream this year. You don't have to be on a 'diet' to lose weight. You just have to be in a calorie deficit. My diary is open if you want to have a look. :smile:
  • effondrement
    effondrement Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    isn't a deficit. crazy you are counting -_- why not eating freely and reasonably ?

tumblr_n9w5pkrpa01smcbm7o1_250.gif
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options

Yup.

Just stick to your calorie goal and eat what you want. Aim for a balanced diet overall for the sake of your health and nutrition, but there's nothing wrong with leaving some room in your day for a treat.

I don't really eat cereal because I'm just not a big fan, but I eat dessert every single day. The other night it was cake. I'm also all about caramel apples this season, and I've eaten quite a lot of ice cream this year. You don't have to be on a 'diet' to lose weight. You just have to be in a calorie deficit. My diary is open if you want to have a look. :smile:
    thank you beauty!
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    lol,
    one great thing about being low carb no sugar, i get to have all my favourite foods stuffed in pitta breads hehe.... super yum, and works great.

So yes can have anything really, just add everything to your diary, and work stuff in.

But fasting should only really be used if your doing it for a special reason, usually medical stuff, not something one should do regularly.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options

tumblr_n9w5pkrpa01smcbm7o1_250.gif
    so you lost by deficiency ? how to know how i have to deficit ?
    and about the photo :P
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Eat smaller slices of cake. And smaller bowls of cornflakes. There you go!
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    Eat smaller slices of cake. And smaller bowls of cornflakes. There you go!
    thank you:D
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    The only way the 5:2 diet would work is if you are not going crazy on the 'free' days.

I know if I ate 'whatever I wanted' 5 days a week I'd end up wiping out the deficit I'd created during the 2 days. Plus I'd end up wanting to kill someone during the 500 calories days.

I'd rather learn how to eat sensibly and fit treats into my day than earn the right to eat by starving twice a week.

Different strokes though I guess....
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    [/quote]so you lost by deficiency ? how to know how i have to deficit ?
    and about the photo :P[/quote]

When you answer MFP's questions about your current weight, your activity level and how much you want to lose, they'll prescribe the amount of calories you should eat daily. If you eat up to that number you'll be at their prescribed deficit.

To further confuse things, you can get yourself a device like a FitBit or Nike Fuel (there's many others that are far more accurate) that will tell you approximately how many calories you burn in a day. MFP will communicate with those devices and still prescribe the calories you can eat up to if you wish.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    The only way the 5:2 diet would work is if you are not going crazy on the 'free' days.

I know if I ate 'whatever I wanted' 5 days a week I'd end up wiping out the deficit I'd created during the 2 days. Plus I'd end up wanting to kill someone during the 500 calories days.

I'd rather learn how to eat sensibly and fit treats into my day than earn the right to eat by starving twice a week.

Different strokes though I guess....
    yeah well said
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    hmmmm so if i eat 1200 calories am gonna lose ??
    thank y'all

Read the links posted above. I bet you could still lose by eating more than 1200 calories per day.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Of all the stupid diets, 5:2 is up there near the top.

First, 500 calories does not a fast make. It's a small amount of calories, but it's not a fast.

Second, if you overeat five days out of the week, you could easily gain weight.

You cannot count on weight loss doing the 5:2 thing.