Ideas for high protein meals?

Options
Annamarie3404
Annamarie3404 Posts: 319 Member
I've lost weight pretty quickly these last few days because I have not been able to eat much. I'm basically eating one meal a day. I need some ideas for high protein meals. I've got to get some energy back. I do NOT want to go back to the hospital. But I have no appetite. I'm never hungry, and I have to make myself eat.

Replies

• desidieter
    Options
    Eat chicken breasts, lean beef, tuna (or other fish), eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, nuts, legumes.

Your lack of energy might not just be from a protein deficiency. It's probably from an overall nutrient deficiency. If you're only eating one meal a day, your body isn't getting the fuel it needs. I know you said it's difficult to eat, but if possible, really try to work out your BMR and eat at least that every day.

Best of luck.
  • Powerliftnjunkie
    Options
    You need a balanced meal. Not just high protein meals. Carbs are where you get your immediate energy from. I try to eat 6-7 small meals a day. Sometimes I don't get that many in but I make myself do it because it's the only way to sustain energy and for me to build muscle. I have been down your road where I would not eat or did not feel like eating but when I started Powerlifting I had to eat. Try eating foods like eggs, lean meats, oatmeal, whole grain foods. Things in this line will help you get your energy back. I hope that you start eating and get on the road to recovery.
  • NickDoesFitness
    NickDoesFitness Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    along with protein, try some heavy carbs for breakfast, and decrease throughout the day, should give you a boost of energy, which will slowly decrease as the day goes on. Cant go wrong with some oats in the morning.
  • Annamarie3404
    Options
    Most of what I eat won't stay down. And the smell of some of these make me extremely nauseous.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Wrong forum
  • OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Possibly attempting to add more food in that adds in protein but aren't "meals" per say would help.

Ostrim taste awesome and are easy to add into your diet

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_grocery?ie=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Ostrim&node=16310101

Protein bullets (although slightly blarky in taste) can be chugged really fast and they really can save you if you are in a wasting decline for whatever reason (e.g., medical issues, cancer, wt loss surgery etc.)

http://store.protica.com/store/
  • desidieter
    Options
    Most of what I eat won't stay down. And the smell of some of these make me extremely nauseous.

You mentioned going to the hospital before. Do they know what's causing this issue, and has this been happening for more than a few days? Maybe it's best to talk to your doctor. I can understand not wanting to go to the doctor if it's just a stomach virus or something, but if this has been going on for a while or continues for a while, you'll probably want to get medical attention.
  • dkewatson
    dkewatson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    Wrong forum

Agreed, came in expecting much more R-rated responses especially in the chit-chat / fun forum.
  • Annamarie3404
    Options
    Going next week.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    chicken, egg, fish, turkey :)