looking for good apple crisp recipe plz

Options
CindyMarcuzAdams
CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
I am looking for a tried and true recipe for Apple Crisp. One that takes you back to those cold autumn days where your mom just takes it out of the oven and serves it up with a scoop of ice cream. I know I could google or pintrest but a personal recipe would be awesome.

Cindy

Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    Options
    Bumpity bump
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    This is a Paleo Recipe - No sugar

Baked Apple Crisp
    Filling
    4 large or 7 small apples, cored, sliced into thin pieces (I like the peel on)
    2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. nutmeg
    Couple Packets of sweet leaf stevia

Spray oil a square baking dish. Into the dish Cut the apples and sprinkle with the cinnamon, nutmeg and sweet leaf (Or all spice) and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven to sprinkle crumble on top.

Crumble Topping
    1 cup almond flour/meal
    ¼ Cup ground pecans
    3 tbs. coconut oil or spread (softened)
    2 packets of Stevia

Mix together almond flour, pecans, Stevia and coconut oil in a small bowl until well combined. Take small portions of it into your hands and sprinkle chunks of it onto the apples. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
  • Zombie296
    Options
    bump to keep for paleo recipe :)
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
  • consideritdonemi
    consideritdonemi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing! Was just thinking about making healthier Apple Crisp earlier today.
  • cmabnx
    cmabnx Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This is a Paleo Recipe - No sugar

Baked Apple Crisp
    Filling
    4 large or 7 small apples, cored, sliced into thin pieces (I like the peel on)
    2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. nutmeg
    Couple Packets of sweet leaf stevia

Spray oil a square baking dish. Into the dish Cut the apples and sprinkle with the cinnamon, nutmeg and sweet leaf (Or all spice) and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven to sprinkle crumble on top.

Crumble Topping
    1 cup almond flour/meal
    ¼ Cup ground pecans
    3 tbs. coconut oil or spread (softened)
    2 packets of Stevia

Mix together almond flour, pecans, Stevia and coconut oil in a small bowl until well combined. Take small portions of it into your hands and sprinkle chunks of it onto the apples. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

sounds great!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    Options
    Thanks folks.