Do u eat ur excercise calories??

Options
Im confused about eating my excercise calories? help?? Ive gotten so many mixed reviews on this im not sure what to do??

Replies

• jram70
    jram70 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yes. The calorie requirement has a built in deficit depending on whether you set 1 lb a week, 1 1/2 etc. Not eating them will give quicker loss but you will likely stall and begin to not lose anymore.
  • Jackie218
    Jackie218 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    thankyou!!
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    I don't worry if I eat into them because I feel like I have earned them x some people do feel that there is no point in exercising if you are going to eat the calories and I suppose there is some truth to that as jram70 said the deficit is already in place so even if you do eat you exercise calories you still have the potential to lose the 1 - 2 lb you set
  • mjphipps
    Options
    I'm was very confused as well after reading several posts and the newbie article. I came to the determination that every individual is different and some people may be able to eat their exercise calories. I have a 1570 calories daily limit and if I burn an additional 895 calories through exercise, there is no way I need to be eating 2465 calories in any day. That defeats the purpose of me trying to lose weight, plus that's way too many calories with me being a diabetic.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Here's a good blog post about it:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/aeryn69/view/the-great-calorie-misconception-64913

Everyone is different and does need different things so it makes sense to eat exercise cals to an individual rate. But if you eat 1500 calories and burn off 800 without eating anything else you ARE going to damage your body.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories. I have tried both ways and have way more success just counting what I eat. As long as I'm losing weight (which is my goal :) then I don't stress over it too bad. Once I reach a plateau, then I'll move to step two. Not sure what that is right now, but my body will tell me! Just listen to you and watch your body- can't go wrong imo! Good luck