falling asleep on the elliptical

Options
Anyone else ever felt like this? Literally had to get off and stretch for 10 mind after 22 minds of my hour.

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    No surprise, they're boring as f**k.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have largely given up on the elliptical and doing just fine without it. I much prefer running outside, weight lifting or gee, just about ANY other form of cardio. I did do it about 3 weeks ago and ended up just bringing my Kindle and watching a show to kill the time.
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've started watching tv shows while I'm doing my cardio. It passes the time. I either watch on my phone or my kindle. I'm getting through The Blacklist right now. Good show :)
  • beaches61
    beaches61 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I use the elliptical, but I have to either watch TV while I use it (something good that I want to watch) or listen to music. Also I have to alternate elliptical with other things like walking outside or video workouts because if I just do that, it's too boring.

Also I think an hour is a long time to do it. I usually do it for 30 to 45 minutes, not longer than that.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    The elliptical sucks. I find it hard to believe people who are reading and watching tv are really getting their heart rates up. But if it's possible maybe I should try. I do not own a tv.
  • rexvaughn
    rexvaughn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I watch TV and do interactive heart rate programs. The programs break the boredom and get my heart rate up for a better workout. I have gotten where I use the elliptical more for a recovery than a hard workout
  • SWWIS
    SWWIS Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The only way I can handle the monotony of the elliptical is with intervals. That way I only have to focus on it for 1-3 minutes (depending on the length of the interval) and then I can zone out for a bit on the rest intervals. I don't really watch TV in general, so that doesn't help me.. so I just listen to a killer playlist while I'm doing it. In my opinion, it's the most boring piece of cardio equipment in the gym, and I honestly only use it once or twice a month if I need something super-low impact.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Anyone else ever felt like this? Literally had to get off and stretch for 10 mind after 22 minds of my hour.

No, you're doing it wrong.