Ladies around 5'10" to 5'11" - What are your goals?

Options
Hi Ladies,

What are your weight loss goals? What is your goal weight? Do you have fitness goals? Just curious about the tall women or there. I am 5'11"

Please feel free to add me! I am looking for supportive friends! I have some great ones now!

My starting weight was about 275-280 lbs. My current weight is 234 lbs! My first weight loss goal is 190 lbs. Then, i will aim to land between 170 and 155 lbs. Hoping to get there via fitness goals more so than focusing on the number on the scale. What about you all?

Replies

• ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    We're very similar. I'm also 5'11". I started at 275, and now weigh 241.8. My current goal is 200. Once I'm there I'll see how I feel. I've never weighed that little as an adult.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" I weigh 140. I am not losing anymore, I am now maintaining.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10, my aim is just to get back to 130, where I was a bit more comfortable, though I have also been comfortable at 140 before, because I was training very hard and very lean. Fitness wise, I just wish to maintain it, to continue to work hard and to keep my bodyfat down in the range I am now used to it being, which is 12-14%.
  • lyannec13
    lyannec13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11. I weigh 170. Though I am trying to lose about 10-15 more pounds.. my biggest objective is to lose body fat and gain muscle. Honestly, I'm not sure my body could handle being under 160-150 pounds just because of my body type.
  • mnnyc
    mnnyc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a little over 5'10 and my starting weight was 194lbs. I'm currently at 175 and I think I want to see if I can get down to ~155. I've never been that low in my adult life so I'm not sure its possible since I am quite muscular but honestly, as others have mentioned, it's more about how I look and feel than the scale.
  • Adastreia
    Adastreia Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am 5'10" and my goal weight are 65 kg, so a little more than 143 lbs. Seeing as I am only 10 lbs away from that, and not quite happy with my body yet, I am thinking about setting a slightly lower goal. However, maybe adding a bit more muscle will do the trick, so we will see once I actually get there.
    And of course, numbers will only ever be numbers and 150 pounds on different people WILL look and feel different as well, so it's good to always keep that in mind!
    Fitness goal: Being able to do cartwheels again (and not look like a dumba** doing so)
  • Toshad84
    Toshad84 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am 5 '11 I started at 328 pounds I am now 288lbs my goal weight is 160-170lbs. At the very lowest maybe 155 pounds. I don't want to look sick

• longshadows17
    longshadows17 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    almost 5'11, 148 now, would like to see 145. I certainly don't look sick, I look like an athlete.
  • Jaywalker_7
    Jaywalker_7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'11", SW was 325, CW 264 and my first big goal is 200 and then I'll go from there. Realistically I'm thinking around 180. I know that's still huge for some people but I think I'll be comfortable there. I have a really large frame (no I'm not making excuses for being fat :-p I wear a womens shoe size 13 and have a really wide rib cage and hips...oh and "man hands") so I think 180 will prob be comfortable for me. But we shall see, I'm not against getting lower than that. I agree with everyone who says to stop when you're happy...of course as long as you're healthy.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    So when I hit my full height at 16 I was about 170lbs and thinnish with slight muscle.
    My goal right now is to get back to about 180 but I'll be more focused on body fat percentages as I get closer.

I'm 6', started at 307 and am currently 273.9.
  • csec6pak
    csec6pak Posts: 54 Member
    Options

I'm 5'10". I started at 195 with a goal to lose 20 pounds. I'm now at 174 and thinking that I might go down to 165.

As an adult, I have been as low as 150 and that was too hard to maintain for me. I think somewhere in the 160's is where I'll stop.

I have two fitness goals: be able to do a "real" pull-up, and to run a 10K without any walking.

• oORosadaOo
    oORosadaOo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm 1,82 m (half an inch short of 6') and currently at 73 kg (161 pounds). I'd like to get back down to 65 kg (143 pounds). I have a spare tyre around the middle that needs to go!

I don't really care how close I get to my goal weight, the most important thing is to recognize myself in the mirror again.
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I chose 150 as a goal because it puts me in the exact middle of the healthy BMI range. I have a long way to go, so I might adjust that number when I'm getting closer.
  • nikkishastid
    nikkishastid Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    im 5'9'' 24 years old. my SW was 240 CW is 223. My first goal is to be under 200 pounds. My overall goal is about 170. i havent weighed 170 since i was in high school. So im not really sure exactly where i want to be until I am more in shape and will be able to "feel" it then. I cant wait!! feel free to add me if you like. open diary
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi~

I'm 5'11 and my starting weight was 215(ish). My current goal is 175, which would put me within 'healthy' BMI, and then see how I feel. My lowest adult weight was around 150 and I felt pretty good, so I may try for that at some point. :) I hope that helps!
  • seaberry09
    seaberry09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10''. Started at 203 and am currently 180. I think I'd like to be 165-170. No lower than 160 as it's just too difficult to maintain. I want to be healthy, be able to be active with my fam and look good in my wardrobe. I'd be happy to build some muscle, but I'm not putting any effort into making that happen at the moment.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Im 5'11 and I started at 260 and am now at about 175, aiming for 160 or lower. I currently wear a size 9 in juniors jeans (easier to find 37" inseams lol) and a small in tshirts and a small/medium in dresses.

This coming summer I have a full season of Tough Mudder, doing at least 3 in 4 months. Possibly 4 in 6 months.

SO my winter is filled with goals, the biggest hardest one being a pullup. But I also have a lot of goals for my weight training, I'd love to get into the 220's on my deadlift. Also rock climbing goals... and I want to do 3 more mountains before May when I have my first race. They are a good 8 hours and excellent for muscular AND cardio endurance.

Not too concerned about my weight too much anymore, as everything else I am doing will lend itself to those pounds leaving and the right parts of me showing through :D

• rhodakw
    rhodakw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and CW 215. My first goal is to get below 205 (lowest I have been since having my daughters), then I want to break 200, then I want to get back to 183 (lowest I have been in my adult life) before I seek to add more goals.
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", my SW was 209 and my CW is 165. Looking to lose 10-15 more depending on if my body will cooperate =] I would also like to tone up my and give myself a lot more muscle definition
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" as well, my SW was 310 and my current weight is 298. My final goal is to be around 150, maybe a little more because I am doing lifting too so I do want some muscle tone. Right now I'm shooting for under 250 and I'm starting training for a 5k in May. :smile: