fitbit

Options
I have a heart rate monitor for my cardio training. Does anyone use both a HRM and the fitbit. I was thinking it would be good to track my activity when I am not doing cardio. Also, if you use the fitbit,which one is the best?-Thanks for your help

Replies

• HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I used both for 2 weeks and found Fitbit to be very close so I eventually just dropped the HRM.
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I use Fitbit Flex and love it!
  • wrkowt70
    wrkowt70 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor for my cardio training. Does anyone use both a HRM and the fitbit. I was thinking it would be good to track my activity when I am not doing cardio. Also, if you use the fitbit,which one is the best?-Thanks for your help

I use both . Fitbit for walking and sleeping. MG for food and hrm for exercise
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys--Now I have to decide which one to get,the one or the flex
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit One. Love it becsuse you can clip it in a variety of places.
  • BoutThatBass
    Options
    I had a Fitbit Zip (one of the ones you clip on) a while back, and lost it a few times because the clip would pop off - I eventually lost it for good. I have the Flex now (the one you wear on your wrist) and I like it a lot better because there's no risk of losing it.
  • indianwin2001
    Options
    I had a Fitbit Zip (one of the ones you clip on) a while back, and lost it a few times because the clip would pop off - I eventually lost it for good. I have the Flex now (the one you wear on your wrist) and I like it a lot better because there's no risk of losing it.

Yea I read the one is easy to lose but the one gives more information on the device itself than the flex--still undecided which 1 to get
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Fitbits are primarily fancy pedometers. They will track all day, step based activity ... some will track how much you move in your sleep and translate that into "awake" or "restless" ... but they are not great for tracking all exercise. They are not accurate for swimming, cycling, dancing, etc. Do your homework and understand the pros and cons of each device then make an informed decision.

If you don't set your stride length, the Fitbit's distance estimate will be off. Calorie estimations between MFP and fitbit may (probably will) differ during the day ... go in understanding that.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    bump
  • indianwin2001
    Options
    I just bought the fitbit one and synced it up to here