Going out for Dinner

Options
ok so i am suppose to go out to dinner tonight, Red Lobster. In the effort to maintain my progress i went on their website and look at the nutritional facts. So i have my dinner planned before i even get there soI do not have to waste time looking at the menu and wanting the unhealthier alternative. Garden Salad, shrimp scampi, potato and broccoli. And maybe 1 or 2 of the biscuits. an ice tea for my beverage or i may just get a water. i hope that i can stick with my plan. I would usually get the Walt deep fried shrimp, potato with cheese, steak, garden salad, and a frozen drink to top of the meal. Oh yeah and i am a bread fanatic so i would eat like 6 of those cheddar bay biscuits...

Replies

• julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Planning ahead of time is key! If you know what you're going to eat stick to it! It will make you feel much better at the end knowing you stayed within your goal!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Good job! Just remember those delicious bisquits are 150 calories each!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have found some of my favorite meals I would never have ordered otherwise by doing the same. Love, love, love their biscuits! But whew, SO many calories! Enjoy one for me! (But just one, lol)

Oh, and don't even open the menu. Just order and don't look at anything else!
  • Wendy72
    Wendy72 Posts: 23
    Options
    I think you are doing the right thing by researching what to eat before you good. I'm sure you will do just fine. Enjoy your dinner and keep it in the back of your mind to eat slower so you don't overeat! Good Luck!!
  • meganva
    Options
    Great job at pre planning your meal...................... Think of your goal while you are eating.. thats what I do when I eat out.. so I am not that tempted to cheat......... YOU CAN DO IT......... keep us posted.. ;)
  • noraht
    noraht Posts: 21
    Options
    Preplanning sounds like a great idea to me!! I must remember to do that the next time I get a chance to eat out!!
  • girl_brett
    girl_brett Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Stick with your plan! You went through the effort of looking up their menu so that you wouldn't pick something you'd regret! That all sounds very good!
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Great job on planning ahead!! Red Lobster has lots of healthy options on their Lighthouse Menu...love it! I agree watch those biscuits! I use to love them and now I can't eat them since I can't eat dairy anymore. Glad that temptation was put to rest because those biscuits are fantastic! Enjoy your night out!!
  • BrickHouse2011
    BrickHouse2011 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i know about those biscuits but i have to have one.