what do you drink other then water?

Options
I have a black coffee in the morning then the rest of the day I drink nothing but water. I gave up pop about a month ago, and I notice every day at about two when I usually would have had my pop, I get a craving for something sweet. I'm looking for something that low in calories to drink, other then water. It can't have much sugar, any ideas?

Replies

• drw1212
    drw1212 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same way. I drink light chocolate soy milk in my coffee in the morning it adds about 45 calories but it gives you a sweet burst :)
  • Wendy72
    Wendy72 Posts: 23
    Options
    You could try a favorite fruit juice but cut it with water.
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I absolutely need a break from plain water (let's face it we all do!) I either add a crystal light packet- they come in all flavors, punch, lemonade, tea etc. Or a regular iced tea! :)
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    coffee w/sugar-free creamer & splenda. Oh, & light beer on my cheat days. Those are pretty much the only liquids that pass my lips these days.
  • twodeals
    twodeals Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of sugar free koolaid, can't stand water.
  • stephr37
    Options
    Sounds kinda strange - but I have a hot green tea with half a splenda - it gives it just a litlte sweetness and the warmth of it just makes it feel like you are drinking something sinful (like hot chocolate) Plus green tea aids in weight loss... so it does double duty for me :)
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I do the Special K20 Protein water. Tatses way better than crystal light or those things. It is 30 calories, but you get 5g of protein and 5 g of fiber, so it is more like a small snack than empty calories. Also, I can just keep a few packets in the bottom of my purse (or your desk drawer), so it is always around when I need it.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I drink tea...lots of tea! Green Tea, black tea, herbal tea...you get the picture! Look for a sweet type tea and add agave, Splenda, raw sugar or whatever you want. Advice -brew it strong so you're not drinking sugar flavored water. This works hot or cold for me all year long.
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i found that Ocean Spray makes a to-go powder (like crystal light) and their flavors are strong but gives me that sweetness i need like in real juice without the calories or sugar!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I add pink lemonade diet snapple drink mixes when I wanted a sugary drink. Or ocean spray drink mixes.
  • adamthaler
    Options
    Try getting some Crystal Light powder to add to your water. I think it is about 5 calories per serving. Some flavors are better than others, but it just takes a bit of time to find what you like. Personally, I like the Raspberry Ice.
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sounds kinda strange - but I have a hot green tea with half a splenda - it gives it just a litlte sweetness and the warmth of it just makes it feel like you are drinking something sinful (like hot chocolate) Plus green tea aids in weight loss... so it does double duty for me :)
    i discovered the green tea mixed berry by Lipton. I'm in love and they have other flavors too! Tea is my new to-go to drink other than water. no more coffee b/c i cant drink it black!
  • tammilk
    tammilk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I drink water all day at work. At home i drink diet green tea. Very rarely i'll drink a diet soda, once or twice a month. Sometimes i'll have a glass of Trop 50 OJ
  • broekjo
    broekjo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Vitaminwater Zero would be a good choice. No calories, <1g sugar. My favorite is Rise (orange), but the go-go (mixed berry) and squeezed (lemonade) are good too.
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I drink one small coffee in the morning, green tea, lots of water, milk, and once in a while diet pop.

You could do a fruit juice, lemonade, or sweetened tea in a small quantity (half cup or so) to satisfy your sugar craving without adding too many calories to your day.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    You are doing great to be able to give up soda. I drink Diet Mountain Dew a lot, and I do not think I will ever be able to give it up. It has been a long time since I even tried. My hat is off to you! :smile:
  • mcurtis01
    mcurtis01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I drink flavored water, or flavored seltzer, green tea has several flavors with no calories....I love the lipton tea bag brand. and for something very sweet diet hot cocoa has only 25 cal.
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I like to drink powerade zero in the afternoon for my sweet cravings
  • raising2ells
    raising2ells Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I drink hot tea w/2 packets of Truvia, so it's really sweet.
    I also make iced tea w/Splenda so it's nice and sweet, but NO CALORIES!

Oh, MAKE SURE THE TEA IS DECAF!!!!!
  • lizmichele
    lizmichele Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    True Lemon and True Lime, it is a great thing to add to your water! It is pure, crystallized lemon and lime. Give you a flavor burst without added sugar.