cake diet ?

Options
2»

Replies

• slvrsrfr
    slvrsrfr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Of all the stupid diets, 5:2 is up there near the top.

First, 500 calories does not a fast make. It's a small amount of calories, but it's not a fast.

Second, if you overeat five days out of the week, you could easily gain weight.

You cannot count on weight loss doing the 5:2 thing.

^ Word
  • muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    so you lost by deficiency ? how to know how i have to deficit ?
    and about the photo :P[/quote]

When you answer MFP's questions about your current weight, your activity level and how much you want to lose, they'll prescribe the amount of calories you should eat daily. If you eat up to that number you'll be at their prescribed deficit.

To further confuse things, you can get yourself a device like a FitBit or Nike Fuel (there's many others that are far more accurate) that will tell you approximately how many calories you burn in a day. MFP will communicate with those devices and still prescribe the calories you can eat up to if you wish.
    [/quote]

so FitBit could count how miles i run and how much i could eat ?
    thanks for answering :D:heart:
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    Of all the stupid diets, 5:2 is up there near the top.

First, 500 calories does not a fast make. It's a small amount of calories, but it's not a fast.

Second, if you overeat five days out of the week, you could easily gain weight.

You cannot count on weight loss doing the 5:2 thing.

do you think fasting (by not eating food to a certain time of a day like sunset is good, i say yes but i want to hear your opinion)
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'll bet if you read the links, every one of your questions will be answered :flowerforyou:
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Just read the links and then you will gain the knowledge you need for most of your questions.
    A big chunk of MFP is about burning more calories than you consume by creating a calorie deficit and that means accurate calorie counting. How you do it is up to you.
  • chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You can eat what you like as long you're at a calorie deficit you will lose weight.

In a nutshell, this is the science.
  • chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy foods under your calorie goal, which should be AT LEAST 1200, more if you're also working out. You can work in occasional treats as long as they fit into your calories.

Fasting diets are awful for you and you're just going to burn out quickly. Don't waste your time with them.

Correction, "Eat any foods under your calorie goal", not just healthy. Although healthy is more preferable.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    At first, I thought this was gonna be about some crazy new fad diet where you eat nothing but cake and lose weight. I hate fad diets, but I was gonna say SIGN ME UP.

In all seriousness, you can eat whatever you want as long as you fit it into your goals. I find MFP to be very helpful for learning how to fit things like cake into your goals.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'll bet if you read the links, every one of your questions will be answered :flowerforyou:

but I'm so fascinated by it all
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Here's how I'm averaging 2 lbs a week right now, though I know that I won't be losing that much for much longer. I try to eat as much healthy stuff as I can, eat around 1,200 calories a day, and keep my diet balanced. Some days are more successful than others, but... Never mind that now. I exercise on this cycle: resistance and cardio - 3 days / rest - 1 day. I can't burn many calories when I work out, because of past injuries, so I only burn 600 calories/workout day. I know I could more than double that if I could run, but, knowing me, I'd just spend less time working out. I have not yet figured out a way to eat junk food and lose weight. If you figure out a way, let me know. I will PAY, lol!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Here's how I'm averaging 2 lbs a week right now, though I know that I won't be losing that much for much longer. I try to eat as much healthy stuff as I can, eat around 1,200 calories a day, and keep my diet balanced. Some days are more successful than others, but... Never mind that now. I exercise on this cycle: resistance and cardio - 3 days / rest - 1 day. I can't burn many calories when I work out, because of past injuries, so I only burn 600 calories/workout day. I know I could more than double that if I could run, but, knowing me, I'd just spend less time working out. I have not yet figured out a way to eat junk food and lose weight. If you figure out a way, let me know. I will PAY, lol!

600 calories? Did you read those links yet?
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    You'd have to cycle a steady pace of 12-14 mph for over an hour to burn 600 calories. Is that what you're doing?
  • ahawkx
    ahawkx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    iifym.com

that right there is your cake diet.
    I eat whatever I want, just as long as it fits my macros for the day.
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Umm.. I do eat junk food. I had pizza and a brownie sundae tonight. I think I'm over for today, but I was under for the last 4 days. I don't eat junk food all the time, but yeah.. i still have sodas, frozen yogurt, chips, meals out, M&Ms... who said you can't have junk food? Granted, I'm much bigger than you, so it's a little easier for me to lose while consuming more calories. I'm currently shooting for between 1800-2000/day.
  • GlynnisSapsfordHey
    GlynnisSapsfordHey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well said, you have to eat right and do some work outs to lose weight the right way
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    There are too many reasons to list why I don't take the OP serious. At. All. :indifferent:

I've lost over a 100 pounds...

Eating food...

Every.single.day...

And WAY MORE than 1200 calories. :ohwell:

:huh:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    You are creating all these threads, without reading the basics first. Read all the links that people have posted, and read all the sticky notes . then you'll get a basic understanding of how things work.
    As long as your in a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight. Weigh and measure your food to ensure that your really eating at a deficit. You can have cake and cereal, just make it fit into your day.
    You don't need any special diet. You may never get Miley Cyrus legs (referring to an earlier thread created by the OP for anyone wondering) but you can learn how to figure all this out by reading the links that others provided
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    u:love: