Chicken Chilaquiles Casserole

Options
I found this recipe and then I tweaked it a bit. Used olive oil instead of vegetable oil, added chicken and used green enchilada sauce - my family and I love green chilis. I put it through the recipe builder here to ge the calories. I made it last night and we all enjoyed it. Very filling. I had enough calories to have some low fat sour cream on mine and it was so yummy! I hope that someone else can enjoy it!

Chicken Chilaquiles Casserole
12 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
INGREDIENTS
• 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 1 medium zucchini, grated
• 1 19-ounce can black beans, rinsed
• 1 14-ounce can rotel
• 1 1/2 cups corn, frozen (thawed) or fresh
• 1 small can diced green chili
• ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 16 ounces (breast parts) from one Rotisserie Chicken Chopped
• 12 white corn tortillas, quartered (I used Great Value)
• 1 14-ounce can mild green enchilada sauce
• 1 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

PREPARATION
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini, beans, tomatoes, corn, chilis, cilantro, cumin and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are heated through, about 3 minutes.
3. Scatter half the tortilla pieces in the pan. Top with half the vegetable mixture, half the chicken, half the enchilada sauce and half the cheese. Repeat with one more layer of tortillas, vegetables, sauce and cheese. Cover with foil.
4. Bake the casserole for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until the casserole is bubbling around the edges and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes more.

Nutritional Information: Per Serving: 194 Calories; 6 g Fat; 21 mg Cholesterol; 24 g Carbohydrates; 12 g Protein; 5 g Fiber; 338 mg Sodium; 267 mg Potassium

Replies

• dalejackson
    Options
    Wow... that looks sssoooo good! Thanks for sharing!
  • EmilyJ1979
    EmilyJ1979 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy, thanks :)
  • twodeals
    twodeals Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I jjust copied this off and will diff cook this.
  • julizemail
    Options
    How much is one serving?
  • TrudyLea
    Options
    It serves 12 people.

I made it and it was yummy! My family enjoyed it. Even my husband who doesn't like any kind of squash. I didn't mention the zucchini in it!

It got better the next day!
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    It serves 12 people.

I made it and it was yummy! My family enjoyed it. Even my husband who doesn't like any kind of squash. I didn't mention the zucchini in it!

It got better the next day!

I have a chicken enchilada dish that is very similar. I cut the tortillas into strips like lasagna noodles and layer. It is also very low in calories per serving BUT everyone always wants two pieces!!!!

I eliminated the oil completely by pre-cooking my veggies in the microwave.
  • TrudyLea
    Options
    I could have eliminated but I figured some nice healthy olive oil in a small amount was probably a good thing.

My husband can't have any type of bean - anyone have a suggestion of something else I might use?
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    This sounds fantastic!! I can't wait to try it!
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I could have eliminated but I figured some nice healthy olive oil in a small amount was probably a good thing.

My husband can't have any type of bean - anyone have a suggestion of something else I might use?

I'd substitute hominy which is very traditional in Mexican cooking.