Hello

Options
Hello, my name is David and I am morbidly obese.

Now that that is out of the way I am looking to make a major change to my lifestyle. I started these changes a little over a month ago and I'm already seeing results. I have no idea how much I weighed when I started making my baby steps but in the last 3 weeks I have dropped from 392 pounds to 376. I'm in the gym 3-4 times a week (sometimes more). I no longer use the elevator at work and walk at work instead of just sitting in the lobby doing nothing while waiting for something to do. I no longer walk with the limp that I had for more than 15 years.

My problem started when I was in high school. I would get up go to school without eating and then at lunchtime I would eat a normal meal (even healthy) and then I might not eat again until supper. A lot of the time I would only eat once a day. This habit turned into a lifestyle and I have been working on re-programming myself for a long time. I am proud to say that I no longer eat once a day and that I eat 5 times a day. I also have successfully taken sodas out of my diet completely. I also no longer eat those "I know it's bad for me but I'm gonna eat it anyway" foods.

I am 30 will be 31 in a little over a month. I have been married for 11 years and have 3 wonderful children that I want to be more active with and more importantly I want to see them grow up.

Sorry for the rambling.

Replies

• talumepa7
    Options
    Good on you for joining! It's hard work, but you can do this! All the best :):smile:
  • CherylCalmConfidentCapable
    Options
    Hello, my name is David and I am morbidly obese.

Hello David and welcome to the forum

Isn't it funny how we define ourselves by our weight. We could introduce ourselves as 'Hi my name is Cheryl and I am a wife, mother, sisiter, daughter, nurse, singer, comedian, cook', etc but we don't, instead we limit ourselves to 'Hi, my name is Cheryl and I am FAT!'

Maybe that is the first thing you taught me David, to celebrate everything else I am other than overweight :)

I am so pleased you are starting this journey, it sounds like you have already made some fantastic changes and are beginning to see the impact. Be gentle with yourself and keep going when the going gets tough. Great news about the limp, give it a couple of months and it will be so much of a distant memory you will be hop, skipping and jumping lol.

Look forward to folowing your progress.

Love and light

cx
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Hi David! Stick to it and you can do this! Add me and I'll cheer you on!
  • DrogoBoffin
    Options
    Isn't it funny how we define ourselves by our weight. We could introduce ourselves as 'Hi my name is Cheryl and I am a wife, mother, sisiter, daughter, nurse, singer, comedian, cook', etc but we don't, instead we limit ourselves to 'Hi, my name is Cheryl and I am FAT!'

I did that because it is the exact same thing as admitting that you have a problem. If you want to make a change and don't think of yourself as the way you are then you might not give it your all.

Thank You all for your words of encouragement.