should I start P90x after completing Insanity?

Options
Hey everyone! I started working out in June with a starting weight of 198. I hadn't lost much weight til July end. I decided to start Insanity, it was the greatest decision I made. I am now 170 lbs! I still want to lose atleast 10 more lbs. I am wondering if it is a good decision to switch over to P90x now, since my goal has switched from intense weight loss to more of a gain muscle and lose weight along the way type of routine. Let me know if this sounds like a good idea, or should I continue with Insanity until I get the bf % / weight I desire, and then move onto muscle building?

Thanks!

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you want more of a focus on resistance training, definitely switch over to P90X. P90X is great for weight loss/reduction of body fat too, as long as you combine doing the program with appropriate nutritional goals to fit what results you want. I dropped 64 lbs doing P90X and got down to 8% body fat. If you want, you can also hybrid the 2. Take the P90X schedule and cycle through Insanity workouts on Tuesdays and Saturdays. You'll get the best of both worlds.

Allan
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i did P90X3 earlier ths year... loved it! Tony Horton is a bit mad, but you soon get used to it!
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    My son-in-law is super fit. He started w/Insanity, went to P90X, and then to CrossFit. He said that's definitely what he continues to recommend to people.