stuck at my weight forever I think! (long)

Options
13»

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    You've got to tell us, though, what's with the butter and oil, especially when you have it at breakfast just with coffee? Are you just slurping up the stuff and is this normal where you're at? Forget your weight loss for a second I'm just curious now! :laugh:
  • wkay99
    wkay99 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Righto! Think I get the picture there BenjaminS_fit!

And so delicately put! ;-)

I agree. The thing I love about MFP is how many people try to give encouraging educational and helpful comments and stories of what worked for them. Pick what you think will work and hang in there!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Yup, as stated above. You're not in deficit. I did that too, believing I was in deficit. But was overestimating the burn and underestimating intake. it's a very easy mistake to do, you're not alone.

I leafed through your diary. You seem to like fats a lot: butter, mayo. Such calorie dense foods are lethal to eyeball!

Legumes are very filling. Salad with washed spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, boiled egg and black beans with 1 ts of oil in vinaigrette?

You could probably shave off 20% in exercise burnt at present. If you're not dripping sweat after your HIIT, I'd dial up the intensity a bit.

Fat cells are slow burners. First 20 mins you burn easy energy, sugar. After 20 min with continuous physical activity, you burn fat too. So doing only 30 mins probably often just burns into the the things you overestimated during the day. Suggest you search in the forum for threads about plateau to get ideas.

Come to the dark side and do 5:2. It helped me a lot.

Useful links:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1058378-oh-noes-i-am-eating-below-my-bmr

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/how-to-lose-fat/

Good luck:)
  • lynseya83
    lynseya83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You've got to tell us, though, what's with the butter and oil, especially when you have it at breakfast just with coffee? Are you just slurping up the stuff and is this normal where you're at? Forget your weight loss for a second I'm just curious now! :laugh:

Ah ha! Well, it was actually on mfp I came across it a few weeks ago and I thought I would give it a bash! Can't hurt for a couple of weeks I reckoned! It's coffee with 1tbs of each coconut oil and butter. Sounds horrible but I was pleasantly surprised! Some people seem to swear by it so thought it couldn't hurt!
    The idea is that it keeps hunger at bay (it did) and that your body is still burning fat from the 'overnight fast' rather than glycogen . There's a lot of info on here about it!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/862742-bulletproof-coffee?page=1
  • lynseya83
    Options

All of this...plus 40g of butter on 2 slices of bread is a smidge excessive!
    [/quote]

The tub said a teaspoon was 15g! So I double it for two slices and added a little extra to the diary in case I had used a little too much! So it probably wasn't that much, just being hard on myself in the diary!
  • lynseya83
    Options
    A couple of my favorite cold weather soups are super-easy and y filling. I hate to even call them recipes...

You can make a very easy black bean soup with a couple of 15 oz cans of black beans (drained), some jarred salsa (16 oz jar), and 1 cup vegetable broth/water. Simmer on the stove for 15 minutes or so, and then use an immersion blender to break up the beans a bit. I usually top with fresh salsa and a bit of sour cream/cheese/plain yogurt.

The other is a lentil soup using fresh lentils, jarred salsa (again), water, and some vegetables--you can use whatever is in the crisper, but I like carrots, onions, and green peppers. Chop up the vegetables and saute them in a pan with a bit of olive oil. Add 2 cups dried lentil beans, 1 16 oz jar salsa, and 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 45 minutes. I like to serve this one with a bit of brown rice, but my son likes to make it into dip for nacho chips by adding cheese and sour cream.
    They look nice, thanks very much. Lentil recipe looks smashing with the brown rice in it too! Never used salsa in soups before!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the answers.
    I was never doubting that I'm eating too many calories- what I was more trying to get at was how I could eat 300/ 400 less without being hungry

Protein and fiber. You are not eating nearly enough protein.
  • xxjessie21xx
    xxjessie21xx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you tried making your own sauces? Using Pasata and adding garlic, lemon, onion etc you can make a really tasty sauce for anything but a fraction of the calories. Or just make a nice olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing for salads. Also, I believe sweet potato has less calories than ordinary potato based meals.. and tastes nicer!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Ah ha! Well, it was actually on mfp I came across it a few weeks ago and I thought I would give it a bash! Can't hurt for a couple of weeks I reckoned! It's coffee with 1tbs of each coconut oil and butter. Sounds horrible but I was pleasantly surprised! Some people seem to swear by it so thought it couldn't hurt!
    The idea is that it keeps hunger at bay (it did) and that your body is still burning fat from the 'overnight fast' rather than glycogen . There's a lot of info on here about it!

Nah...it's just adding calories to your day, like anything else you'd add butter or oil to.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

The tub said a teaspoon was 15g! So I double it for two slices and added a little extra to the diary in case I had used a little too much! So it probably wasn't that much, just being hard on myself in the diary!

a TABLESPOON is 15g not a teaspoon....

get some scales and weigh and log everything accurately, then you'll have a much better idea of what and how much you're eating.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options

Nah...it's just adding calories to your day, like anything else you'd add butter or oil to.

This. You're trying to cut 300-400 calories a day and you're adding butter and oil to your coffee? Uhh...

Also, it doesn't sound like you're weighing any of your food. You're probably eating more than you think.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Drinking... oil and butter. Holy **** :noway: