stuck for midweek breakfast ideas...help please

Options
I seem to be in a rut with breakfast during the week. I either have Weetabix or peanut butter on toast. I don't even know if this an ok choice of start to the day. I don't have time in the mornings to be cooking. Any suggestions welcome x

Replies

• grantevans11
    grantevans11 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Porridge is an easy one, I like to put a teaspoon of brown sugar and raisins/sultanas in with my porridge. Another option is dry oats with low fat yoghurt and a banana.
  • vivster22
    vivster22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, boiled eggs (can boil the night before), yogurt. I like to add some honey or granola to mine.
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    What about Overnight Oats? You can add any fruit to them and they're ready to go in the morning!
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I usually just have oatmeal, or a protein bar and a banana. Sometimes I'll have an egg if I'm feeling crazy.

I'm not very adventurous with breakfast.
  • Huppmanj
    Huppmanj Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I hard boil my eggs for the whole week on Sunday. I also bake some bacon or sausage (depending upon my mood) and portion out into zip lock bags for a quick grab n go. Fresh fruit is always good too.
  • BobTheMad
    BobTheMad Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Slice a granny smith apple into quarters and add some low-fat peanut butter. Tasty and healthy!
  • 3Alice3
    3Alice3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Porridge definitely! You can make it up the night before and let the oats soak in milk/water and then microwave it/cook it on the hob in the morning in five minutes! Then add raisins, bananas, apples etc etc whatevers to your taste! Peanut butter is actually v good with it aswell.

I have it every morning and it keeps me full on much fewer calories than anything else :)
  • dj1skywalker
    Options
    My First Breakfast - fiber or wheat bread with peanut butter.

Second Breakfast:
    Oatmeal and raisins, eggs(or egg whites) n turkey bacon, Greek yogurt with banana
  • happyjack1976
    happyjack1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with granola.
  • jojokmack
    jojokmack Posts: 117
    Options
    Scrambling 2 eggs in the microwave to have on top of wholemeal toast takes about the same time as making peanut butter on toast honey,..... and it fills me up for hours. I have a thin spread of cream cheese on it to make it moist :) xxx :happy:
  • selandgal24
    Options
    I used to try slim fast, south beach and Atkins bars (really liked Atkins) but I have been trying out the apple cinnamon breakfast Bars AdvoCare makes....I can't believe the difference! They are bigger and fill you up much better.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast right now is an Oatmeal, banana, blueberry, yogurt smoothie. It's quite tasty and very filling. I make a big pot of oatmeal on Sunday (then again later in the week) and use it all week. 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal, 1 med banana, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 cup liquid (juice, almond milk, etc...). I use a stick blender with a tall metal cup so I can put everything in at night and just blend it in the morning. Adjust to meet your tastes, qauntity and calorie needs.
  • clafairy1984
    clafairy1984 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, ive never really been a fan of porridge, but will give it a go with different fruits etc. I need something warm and filling now that its getting colder
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal or warm granola is always a quick/yummy choice. For something really fast to grab on the go I always have Quest protein bars/shakes ready to go.

Could you wake up any earlier once a week to try to cook? If so, eggs and turkey bacon are always a treat and it takes about 10 minutes to cook. :)
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Mini Egg casseroles made in a muffin pan. You can make them on Sunday for the whole week (if they last that long). Pinterest has all kinds of different variations.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options

No.

OP, make breakfast sandwiches on a free day, wrap them individually, and freeze them. Heat in the microwave. You can do eggs, sausage, bacon, cheese, vegetables, etc. You can also make breakfast burritos, wrap, and freeze.
  • blbst36
    blbst36 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I always plan out my M-F breakfasts over the weekend - that way I don't have to think about it. This week, I boiled some eggs to have hard boiled eggs every morning. I've also made a breakfast and taken 5 servings in on Monday and eaten them the rest of the week. I don't have enough time/motivation to do all that first thing in the morning. There are many make ahead recipes out there that can feed you for a week :) HTH!
  • GeorginaKK
    Options
    I agree, porridge is a great midweek breakfast to have especially now the days are getting darker! I am gluten-free, so I often find it hard to buy a tasty porridge. There's one brand which I have found and you don't even need to soak it overnight. It's called Dr Gaye Super-Porridge and you just add hot milk or water to it. It has mulberries in it, which are delicious and good for you too!

Hope that helps! :)
  • Boccellin
    Boccellin Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, made a multitude of different ways.

Veggie omelette with spinach, mushrooms and red bell pepper. Takes about 10 minutes.

Whole grain bagel with either peanut butter and banana or sunny side up eggs

Yogurt with granola, fresh fruit and chia seeds mixed in

Two ingredient pancakes-just a whole banana and two eggs. Makes amazing, very quick pancakes.

Mix up your usual cold cereal by adding sliced up banana, raisins, chia seeds or nuts. Creates a whole different experience.
  • Ainesilver
    Ainesilver Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I use plain instant oatmeal packets with about a 1/2 cup of frozen fruit, like strawberries, blueberries, or cherries. I add water and the fruit still frozen to the oatmeal and heat it all in the microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, then stir. The fruit releases juices when it heats and nicely flavors all the oatmeal when you stir.