Sod it, i'm going back to calorie counting.

Options
The last year i have been jumping from one diet hype to the other,
paleo
keto
sugar free
etc

I have finally come to the realisation that, gosh damn, this is not a sustainable lifestyle! Cutting out entire food groups is making me miserable, not to mention my grocery bills are heinous from copious amounts of free from this and free from that and chia seeds and such like. Plus going out for dinner and ordering ANOTHER chicken salad is getting old.

I am converting back to the old faithful, counting calories.
Moderation and happiness.

Replies

• ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, it's the only thing that's ever worked for me and like a lot of folks here, I've tried just about everything. It allows me to live my life in the real world if you know what I mean - no special restrictions and it's not complicated. And I know that if I slip I can jump back into it immediately and at any time.
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, it's the only thing that's ever worked for me and like a lot of folks here, I've tried just about everything. It allows me to live my life in the real world if you know what I mean - no special restrictions and it's not complicated. And I know that if I slip I can jump back into it immediately and at any time.

absolutely!
    It allows you to live freely and you can easily adapt your day in terms of eating when and where etc.
  • JoseCastaneda
    JoseCastaneda Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Moderation and happiness.

I think this is the best way to live :) No diet has ever done anything near what I've accomplished by learning to eat smart and be conscious of my own life choices (eat, exercise, health).

You're on the right path!
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Agreed 100%.
    I don't believe in "diets", it's all about moderation and sustainability.
  • Scottb4857
    Scottb4857 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hit it right on the head - no matter what "diet" you're using, it is all about creating that caloric deficit day in and day out. Of course a balanced diet providing all the vitamins, minerals, etc... will also make you feel a whole lot better and fuel you for those nasty dreaded workouts. Good friend lost 60 lbs over 3 months with just cutting calories - weight was lost, looks thin, and helped get off some meds, but honestly looks like death warmed over and has no energy. I figure 60 lbs is a 7-8 month process for me with a whole lot of hard work involved. But after the first 20 or so I already feel 100% better!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    An experience that taught you something valuable is never a waste! I have had the same experience as you, that calorie counting is the most flexible and sustainable way to lose for my lifestyle. But no matter how you choose to get healthier, the cornerstone I think is consistency. Pick a scientifically sound method that is right for your goals and stick with it, and you will see results.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options

+1
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to a life worth living.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Cabana Banana Diet! I haven't lost any weight, but damn, can i climb trees now.
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to a life worth living.

glad to be back :drinker:
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    If only there was a like button.
  • SconnieGirl22
    SconnieGirl22 Posts: 14 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I tried Keto and it was awful. I know a lot of people who have success with it. Not me. I'm going old school and counting calories and going to start incorporating exercise. I could use friends :)

72751772.png
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i eat paleo because i am avoiding gluten in a way of treating/healing myself since i have an autoimmune disorder, and i actually find it rather easy. i count calories, too. it's so easy for me, and now i am starting to learn how many calories are in each food! :smile:
    i'm glad you found something that works for you.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've done the works and this is the happiest I have been in years with my food