Happy Scale

Options
Anyone use this app? What do you think about it?

I weigh myself daily, and hate the fluctuations, a lot of which seem to be water weight. This app allows you to record your weight daily and gives you trends and a "predicted" weight based on average weight.

Replies

• russ1729
    russ1729 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,

Creator of the app here. I made it because all my life, those fluctuations ruined my diet. I would obsess over seeing a new low number every morning, and every time I didn't, the whole day was a failure. So I'd go at diet and exercise with all my energy, trying to get lower every day. But it was never sustainable, and I burned out a few weeks in more times than I can remember.

I later read a book called "The Hacker's Diet" that described averaging out the fluctuations, and I found a free website called "Physics Diet" where they did this averaging. I used Physics Diet for a long time, but I really wanted to have it as an app on my phone. Hence, Happy Scale.

I hope you are finding the app helpful! I have plans to add more features, and it's been an incredible journey to work on it and hear from people who are using it to realize their goals!
  • snowbab
    snowbab Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I love the sound of this but is there something similar for an android phone?
  • russ1729
    russ1729 Posts: 2
    Options
    Happy Scale is not available on Android. There's an Android app called Libra that does the averaging and has good reviews. I can't vouch for it, but maybe it will help you snowbab!
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Creator of the app here. I made it because all my life, those fluctuations ruined my diet. I would obsess over seeing a new low number every morning, and every time I didn't, the whole day was a failure. So I'd go at diet and exercise with all my energy, trying to get lower every day. But it was never sustainable, and I burned out a few weeks in more times than I can remember.

I later read a book called "The Hacker's Diet" that described averaging out the fluctuations, and I found a free website called "Physics Diet" where they did this averaging. I used Physics Diet for a long time, but I really wanted to have it as an app on my phone. Hence, Happy Scale.

I hope you are finding the app helpful! I have plans to add more features, and it's been an incredible journey to work on it and hear from people who are using it to realize their goals!

Have you thought about making it for android users on google play? :D:D?
  • overshine
    overshine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    in the earlier days of the interwebs there used to be a widget on the igoogle homepage called "the google 15" that also created a moving average of your weight..i have found happy scale to be a nice update to that no longer available tool.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Happy Scale is not available on Android. There's an Android app called Libra that does the averaging and has good reviews. I can't vouch for it, but maybe it will help you snowbab!

Please please please make it for Android, too!!
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I use it and like it.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I love it, but a couple of my friends are challenged with it. I just created a blog post that shows my screen. Can you help us out?
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Yes, please make an Android version! :-D
  • dusjujr
    dusjujr Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    how does it work
  • dusjujr
    dusjujr Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    how does it work?
  • Kargicq
    Kargicq Posts: 72 Member
    Options

Libra is so good on Android that I actually paid for it to disable ads. Great implementation of the Hacker's Diet.