when does it all even out?

Options
Okay I am loving that I am down 13lbs already I have a total of 150 to go! I am working out at the gym and with a personal trainer. I have noticed that I am losing on the tops of my arms but the fat still hangs below, or I am losing in my face and the fat is getting worse under my chin, I personally think that's where it went! LOL Or one leg is losing weight up on the thighs but one is not??? My bust is getting bigger however around is getting smaller, my waist is getting smaller but my hips aren't. I know things take awhile to progress and hey no complaints. It's just awkward when you lose it weirdly like this. hahah

So my question is when does it all even out??

Thanks,
Lisa

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    It gets better. When? No way to say. Sometimes it evens out and then something funny starts happening again when you're about to drop more. I was originally concerned with odd saggy skin, then it went away, now it's back. I don't know. Bodies are funny.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It's already even. :)

It just comes off where it comes off. Once I saw a difference (well after thirteen pounds for me!), I remained basically the same, just got smaller. My stubborn spots are is upper thighs and boobs. They haven't kept up the shrinking pace the rest of me has and look much larger in comparison, even though I know they've become smaller.

The flab under my arms is MUCH worse. That area was solid fat before and not too jiggly. Now?! Lord, it's like that stuff has a life of it's own, flopping all over when I wave. Really gross. Hope the floppies decrease as the arms do!

You should get a ticker. It's fun to watch it go down!! :D
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I've lost 4 inches around my bust and nothing around my hips. I would have preferred that 4 inches come off my waist. Lol.
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, it'll even out if and when it wants to! Up until yesterday I had lost 5" from my bust, 5" from my waist but none from my hips making it a very odd looking 11" difference between waist and hips!
    I've been dieting about 9 weeks and only yesterday was there a change on my hips!
  • bmele0
    bmele0 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different!

I lost from my head/neck/shoulders along with my legs and butt first. My stomach is where the majority of my weight gathers and it's the last place to lose!

It can be frustrating, but I've been taking pictures about once a month and now I can actually see the difference and I'm chugging along.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I keep losing from seemingly everywhere but my waist...frustrating!...but that's how it goes. You get no control what comes off of where, and when.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you're doing and don't focus on it, because we don't get to pick.
  • smetka01
    smetka01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The flab under my arms is MUCH worse. That area was solid fat before and not too jiggly. Now?! Lord, it's like that stuff has a life of it's own, flopping all over when I wave. Really gross. Hope the floppies decrease as the arms do!

You should get a ticker. It's fun to watch it go down!! :D

I love how you wrote it! :) Made me really laugh. I like to believe my are not that jiggly any more. Truth? Probably I am wrong.

At first I lost the most from stomach, not it is turn for my legs. It will get off, just wait.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I tend to lose from the top down, so at first my hips are bigger and seem out of proportion. I'm losing after having a baby, so maybe that makes a difference, as most of the weight seemed to go on my stomach, hips and thighs. I did eventually lose it all after my 2nd baby, but I don't remember when I suddenly realised that I no longer had big hips or thighs.
  • lisaducharme54
    lisaducharme54 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the responses!!
    You are right the body we don't get to chose where it loses at least we can laugh about it even-though the whole thing is odd where we lose. As long as the fat is gone and does not relocate then I'm happy! LOL Wouldn't it be nice as woman if we could keep our large bust through the whole experience of losing? LOL

Lisa