*comes out of the cave*

Options
Hello all,

I am 32 years of age and have been obese for eleven years now! Yikes! That's okay because a light bulb went on one day three weeks ago when I signed up with a personal trainer at the gym I go too. I work out three days a week with the personal trainer and then two or three on my own. So far 13lbs down!! Officially I get weighed on October 17th and my inches taken again. I can't wait!!!
I have a total of 150lbs to go but I have broken it down into small increments like ten pounds is a big achievement for me. Heck if I keep losing each week or don't gain that is a big accomplishment! I have changed my way of eating drastically.
I went from eating over 3,000 calories a day to 1600 something. I don't feel deprived and for once I'm learning how to eat healthy! I have been given great advice and can't wait to progress. So nice to meet everybody!!
Lisa

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I am 32 years of age and have been obese for eleven years now! Yikes! That's okay because a light bulb went on one day three weeks ago when I signed up with a personal trainer at the gym I go too. I work out three days a week with the personal trainer and then two or three on my own. So far 13lbs down!! Officially I get weighed on October 17th and my inches taken again. I can't wait!!!
    I have a total of 150lbs to go but I have broken it down into small increments like ten pounds is a big achievement for me. Heck if I keep losing each week or don't gain that is a big accomplishment! I have changed my way of eating drastically.
    I went from eating over 3,000 calories a day to 1600 something. I don't feel deprived and for once I'm learning how to eat healthy! I have been given great advice and can't wait to progress. So nice to meet everybody!!
    Lisa

Welcome! It sounds like you have a great start. I hope you can keep it up and reach your goal :smile:
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I am so excited for you, Lisa! You've already taken your first step, and actually getting started is so hard. You're going to love watching those pounds drop off, I know it!
  • LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I feel very similar to you! We can do this!!!
  • lisaducharme54
    lisaducharme54 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!

For the first time I feel confident I can lose all 150 pounds and be a healthy new me. :-)

Lisa