Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Can you cut for too long?

Hi Everyone,

I happened upon this video by Omar Isuf and I must say it really has me stalled. In it he says you can be cutting for too long. You can mess up your hormones...etc..etc...

But I wanted to hear your opinion on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Bj_Q5o90U

I've been cutting for more than 20 weeks. I'm currently at 14.2% bf and I'd like to cut a little more before I start slowing trying to gain some mass. I'm not sure I want to start gaining at the current point I'm at. What do you think? Maybe I should take a break for a little while then cut more?

What are your opinions?
Marvin

Replies

• My apologies, but what is the term "Cutting"? There are still a lot of terms/abbreviations here that I'm not quite familiar with yet. :laugh:
  • marvinq42
    marvinq42 Posts: 31 Member
    It basically means you're trying to cut down your fat and maintain your muscle mass.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    It depends I think on the range of deficit you had. At half a pound for as long as you take to your goal does not seem like it would do to much damage IMO.
  • marvinq42
    marvinq42 Posts: 31 Member
    Thanks Yopeeps,
    I have kept my fat loss small on a weekly basis, so I thought the same way. I don't think it matters as long as you keep the deficit small.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    In my opinion, yes. But more on a psychological level. If your cut is moderate (20% or less from maintenance) then there's really no problem dieting down until you reach your BF goal. That being said, I'm about 20lbs away (or ~10%BF) from my goal, and I think that once I'm down 10 or 15lbs I'm going to take a diet break. So I won't be bulking, I'll just go to maintenance for a few weeks. You don't need to go right up to bulking if you need a break!