NO MORE RAMEN!

Options
So,

I have to be up pretty early for work! and do not get much time at night to prepare a meal or do it in the morning. So I just eat ramen for lunch and it so bad for with all that sodium I need to find an alternative that can fill me up as quick.

Now, does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• CloudySunshinee
    Options
    I have ramen every now and then. It's fine to have, but that would mean to have less sodium later in the day.

If you're not about that life (And believe me, you're not the only one!), then maybe a sandwich with some vegetables? It doesn't take long to prepare, it just sort of depends what you put on it.

Good luck!
  • conkle23
    conkle23 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    In most respects that what I would usually do. But I am strict on time as I have to take care of multiple dogs and ect.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Premake burritos for yourself. A medium sized tortilla is the same calories as two pieces of bread. Put in some beans, rice, and chicken or beef, plus salsa, roll it up and put in a ziploc bag. Next day, it's lunch, along with an apple, banana, or some baby carrots. As far as time, this takes the same time as the 4 minutes of cooking the ramen. So you've not lost out there.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine brings the fixings for a salad at the beginning of each work week. Do you have a fridge where you could do something like that as well?
  • JupeJones
    JupeJones Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Most of the sodium in packaged ramen is from the little seasoning packet. So adding only half the packet is one option. It would still be high in sodium, but not a total sodium bomb.

Or you could not even use the packet and do your own seasoning using something like Mrs. Dash.
  • LouisianaHotSauce_93
    Options
    They now have reduced sodium ramen.
  • TheKingsChampion
    Options
    Make food ahead of time?
    Bring a jar of soup.
    Mix up a salad and maybe just add dressing at work?
    Bring a protein shake in a bottle which you can just drink away.

I think easiest will be to just find things you can make ahead the previous night, maybe something to just heat up.

Or get up earlier to make a sandwich and take to work.