Need some accountability

Options
So, I started (over a year ago) at 316. I tryed changing things like diet and actually excercising and I got as low as 285. It was awesome. It was a good start. The problem was that I lost motivation and had nobody that held me accountable. At the time the only motivation was that I felt fat and as many of you know, when you lose 30 pounds, you start to feel better about yourself. If the only motivation is how you feel, you can lose that motivation.

Now, I am back! I started jiu jitsu about a month and a half ago and that is an awesome workout. I know from experience that you can't out workout a bad diet so I decided to try coming back here. I also plan on going to my work gym in the mornings before work (I did that for the first time this morning and feel AMAZING.)

I am just looking for people that plan on being on here that might want to try and help hold me accountable for my goals. I hope to be able to do the same in return. Thanks.

Replies

• cristianafriscini
    Options
    Ehi! feel free to add me :) i plan to stick here for a while :) i'm active and i log everyday! let's motivate each other.

Cri

(sorry for my bad english, i'm italian!)
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Hi!

If you need active friends feel free to add me. I'm going to have my 100-day streak tomorrow and I try to at least read everyone's posts every day!
  • GreatGuy07
    GreatGuy07 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I totally get how you feel, been through this myself. One advice I would recommend is STICK to your workout routine no matter what and prioritize eating in moderation instead of avoiding all together. If you do so, your eating habits will change with your progress as you will actually WANT to eat healthy. Also, try visualizing yourself 6-9 months ahead..slow and steady progress will win you in this game. Add me for extra support, I am on the same path as ya.
  • phickman9273
    phickman9273 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I started running last week and could use a friend to keep me going. I'm not a huge fan of running so I am trying to figure out what people like about it. :)
  • ariamythe
    ariamythe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to share motivating efforts. I started here last year and had a 300+ run of logging before life got in the way in August. I'm keen to start over again and beat my own streak (and lose about 25 more lbs).
  • Josephina_K
    Options
    Hello, Trying again to get to a healthy weight and start exercising more frequently. Like everyone, a busy life with kids and full time work. Really looking forward to getting and giving support. Thanks in advance, and I'll check in later.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are talking about. Feel free to add me as well.
  • Mischabellaa
    Mischabellaa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I log on everyday. and will kick your booty in gear when ya need it !! Good luck on your journey..